News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Japanese "decorator" phone

Started by markosjal, December 08, 2016, 08:31:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markosjal

I recently had a lady bring me 2 decorator phones circa 1970s. She wanted to know if I can make them work (of course I can) .

one looks much like this one
http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.mx/MLM-567473693-telefono-antiguo-no-se-si-funcione-adorno-coleccion-_JM
(that price is Mexcian Pesos if you are curious 20 MXN to 1 USD)

interesting thing is that it has a japanese clone of a WE 4010B network and even ear and mic elements are WE clones with logos that look like NYC.  I remember seeing something like this many years ago.

This phone however has no bell it has a buzzer in series with a .47uf Capacitor. No luck making it do anything with a 20hz ring though so not sure what the thing is with the buzzer.

I am also attaching the wiring diagram, feel free to add to library, or copy freely

Mark
Phat Phantom's phreaking phone phettish

HarrySmith

These things must be catching on! I just had a lady bring me one of these "decorator" type things for repair. It is one of those brass things with a marble tabletop. Really cheap stuff but I managed to get it ringing, receives and transmits but I have not been able to make the dial work yet. I have not searched but if anyone has a diagram for this it would save me some time. It is not even a dial. The inside looks like the remote for the old ceiling fan in my living room, a printed circuit board type thing. I will post some pictures over the weekend under a new topic if there is any interest.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

markosjal

Post the pictures please . Please post a link here so I can find them.
Phat Phantom's phreaking phone phettish