News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

C*NET Problem

Started by Fabius, August 22, 2017, 11:27:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fabius

We moved into our new house about a year ago. I connected the Panasonic 616 with the house phones using Magic Jack as the outgoing line. For reasons unknown I did not hook up the C*NET lines. I use a Motorola VT1005 (unlocked Vontage). The numbers are:
1-821 -9905 and 1-821-9906.  I get no dial tone. I forgot who I got the numbers from and is my tandem office.  Maybe Shane Young? But I don't see how to contact him. We have the same internet provider and only moved a few blocks.
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

Owain

"Dial tone" is something of a misnomer with a VoIP system, but is it present at the line terminals of the VT1005? If it is then your Pana may have lost its CO lines assignments in programming.

Fabius

Quote from: Owain on August 23, 2017, 04:23:33 AM
"Dial tone" is something of a misnomer with a VoIP system, but is it present at the line terminals of the VT1005? If it is then your Pana may have lost its CO lines assignments in programming.

Not sure what you mean by "line terminals of the VT1005" The connection between the VT1005 and the Panasonic is via RJ11 connectors. I noticed that the power light is blinking so I need to find out what that indicates.
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

Fabius

My unit is blinking twice so it indicated it's trying to acquire its network address.
Blinks     Voice Terminal is
Once      Performing its initial boot sequence
Two        Acquiring its network address
Three     Downloading its configuration profile from your VoIP provider
Four       Registering with your VoIP provider server
Continuous Fast Downloading an image update
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

Owain

Check DHCP settings on your VT1005 and your router.

Victor Laszlo

QuoteNot sure what you mean by "line terminals of the VT1005"

Line terminals = the jacks (RJ11) where the lines (telephone numbers) are terminated (an electrical term that means the point where they are accessible.)  In other words, where the dial tone comes out.

His name is SHANE Young, he is known for helping new guys get started on C*NET, and you can find some of his C*NET contact info on the members page of the C*NET website, www.ckts.info.  Or you could post a message on the C*NET list serve and ask that he contact you.

When you moved, the IP address(es) of your modem and router changed.

Fabius

Thanks. I've made contact with Shane
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

Fabius

Found a bad RJ48 cable between the router and the Motorola. The retaining clip was broke and not keeping the plug securely in the receptacle. All is good. Those on C*NET feel free to give me a test call, number below
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905