News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Let me introduce myself

Started by Iggy348, September 19, 2017, 09:23:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iggy348

Greetings all.  My name is Dave (Iggy for short) and I am retired.  I love wood working and I have built myself a workshop to build furniture. I recently purchased a pay phone booth (of all things) and I would love to get this thing wired up and working.  My grand kids have never seen a rotary pay phone.  Aint that a hoot?  At any rate, I know nothing about phones, let alone pay phones.  I would love to get this working to where it takes a dime to make a call.

Since I am also building a home, I will pick away at this from time to time.  It may turn out to be a winter project for me while we are snowed in (I live in the mountains).

From what I have read, it seems like there are quite a few guys here who are pretty good at fixing things.  That's nice to know, for a guy like me.

Wishing you all well.
Iggy
Wood working really yanks my chain.

TelePlay

Welcome to the forum.

The forum is the best place in the world to find friendly phone discussions and help from the experts when needed.

If you have anything to show, please post images and ask anytime you have a question or a problem telephone.

There are even some fun member participation places on the forum to include the Find of the Month and Auction Contest, topic in which everyone is encouraged to take part.

Iggy348

Thank you.  I am having trouble sending pictures, or I would do so.  I do have a couple issues with the phone, but its a lot harder to explain without pictures.  I am working on it. 

Iggy

Iggy348

My phone is an Automatic Electric model LPC 82-55.  Would anyone know if the upper lock is a 29S?  Or where I can get a key for what ever lock it may be? I understand the lower lock (coin box) key can be tougher to come by.

TelePlay

At the bottom of the reply box, where you type your text message, there is a hyperlink in dark blue titled "Attachments and other options."

Click on that blue text and you will find a "Browse" button appear just below "Attach:"

Click on browse and a window will open up for you to search for the image you want to attach to you reply. Click on the image and it will be attached to that Browse line.

If you want to add more images, click on the (more attachments) and another "Browse" box will open. Up to 6 images can be attached to one reply.

When you are done attaching images, click the Post button on the lower right corner. That's all there is to uploading images.

If you have more than 6 images, simply create a new reply, put some words in the text box, such as "More Images" and repeat the process above for attaching images.

If the image size is less than or equal to 2500 pixels on its largest side and under 3 Mbytes in file size, the image will upload.

Any questions or problems, please send me a PM or post them here.

If you have more than 6 images,

oldguy

Welcome Iggy, you will be able to get all the help you need here.
Gary

dsk

AL_as_needed

Welcome! Just as a warning, telephone collecting (and lantern collecting for some) can become quite an addictive hobby... many a brave soul has been bitten by "the bug"   ;)
TWinbrook7