News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

POTS to VOIP Transition Advice?

Started by GLadstone, April 09, 2018, 10:23:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack Aman

Should work fine.  My BTTN at present drives two 302's, three D-1's, and one B-1.  They all work perfectly and ring strongly on incoming calls, and that is without the "extra ringing power" that you can set in the Xlink's firmware.  Calls on our VOIP  "landline" ring with the standard American ring.   Calls on my wife's cell ring with the British "ring-ring" pattern, and calls on my cell ring with a long-and-a-short pattern.  Pretty slick.

GLadstone

Hi Jack Aman,

Quote from: Jack Aman on July 27, 2018, 02:38:58 PM
Should work fine.  My BTTN at present drives two 302's, three D-1's, and one B-1.  They all work perfectly and ring strongly on incoming calls, and that is without the "extra ringing power" that you can set in the Xlink's firmware.  Calls on our VOIP  "landline" ring with the standard American ring.   Calls on my wife's cell ring with the British "ring-ring" pattern, and calls on my cell ring with a long-and-a-short pattern.  Pretty slick.

I appreciate you taking the time to share how you are using the BTTN!

To date, I've tested the BTTN with two rotary dial phones: a D1 202 and 500.
(Just one rotary phone and one android phone at a time.)

So far, so good.

I haven't yet connected the BTTN to the computer to explore all the settings, but it is on the to-do list!

Take care,
GLadstone

Protel8000

Quote from: dsk on July 11, 2018, 08:54:59 AM
At the moment I am at our cabin having a gsm terminal like this: https://goo.gl/CFdQJN
It has been working for years, we use it for alarm, remote control of an owen and has a dialgizmo and a 500 telephone.
Now I feel comfortable with the beeps telling that your digit has been translated to dtmf.
(I would not miss them with a silent version)

dsk

Just wondering, what cell phone carrier do you use with that adapter? I ask because in the US I don't think 1800MHz is widely used. T-Mobile 2G uses 1900MHz, which sounds like it wouldn't be compatible.