10 (37%)
SargeGuy's WECo 288 fiddleback, bevelled edge 7-digit xmtr $227 & $50
7 (25.9%)
dsk's WWII Field Exchange with 6 Field Phones for NOK 1500 = US$183
6 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 27

AE_Collector

Post your "Find of the Month" here.

A "Find of the Month" is a telephone or a related item that you acquired during the month that you are particularly excited about either because of its rarity, the difficulty you had in trying to find it for your collection or the exceptional "deal" that you got on it.

The "Find of the Month" contest is focused on the collection of telephones rather than on their sale for a profit. To be eligible for the "Find of the Month" contest:

- The finder must have personally acquired and actually own the item.
- The item can be acquired for free but it can not be a gift or present from anyone.
- The item (or any of its components) cannot be put up for sale during the contest period.
- Only one "Find" per owner can be in a "Find of the Month" contest.

A Nomination Should Include:

1) where and/or how the item was found.
2) the price & shipping cost.
3) the forum link to the topic discussing the find.
4) the eBay link if won there.
5) and other information of importance about the find.
6) one or two pictures of the item.

Ideally your item would be posted in its own thread elsewhere on the forum such as "Auction Talk", "Flea Market/Yard Sale Finds" or "Collectors Corner" Board. Then you or anyone else can nominate your "Find" to the Current "Find of the Month" thread by posting at least one picture and other details including the price paid, any shipping costs and a link to the original discussion on the forum. It is not a requirement that your find be posted elsewhere on the forum but the more details the better.

Nominations of phones listed in other forum discussion topics, by members that do not own the item but realize it is indeed a "find" worthy of being nominated as a "Find of the Month" candidate, are always welcome.

Please pick your best "Find" to submit for the month limiting your entry to one phone or one "Find" that might include limited multiple items. If you have already entered for the month and come up with something even better either submit your new find indicating that it replaces your previous entry OR you can enter your new Find in next months contest.

To check out a list of all past winners including the Find of the YEAR winners, click here:
          --> Winner's List <--

TelePlay has grabbed pictures of all of the "Find of the Month" winners since we started this back in 2010 and he has put them into albums on forum. Thanks John.  To check them out, click here:
          --> Photo Album <--

Terry

Since I had a few good finds in June, I would like to carry this one over to July.

I'll nominate my 1958 Western Electric Clear 500 F-53115

When cleaning the phone, I removed the dial to reveal an interesting dial disk.

The phone is in good shape for being used as a daily phone.

The price I paid was less than $300.00 USD for this phone.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=20615.15

HarrySmith

I would like to submit my Russian Multi line phone. I have wanted one for a while just because I like the way they look. This was a gift from a friend on the forum so cost was nothing.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

oldguy

I would like to nominate my Teletrainer. $34.10 + $26.74 shipping.
Gary

Vern P

Find of the moth or just a good find ???  Sorry no photos as I can't post them.
Picked up a DK. Blue 554 all date matching 6-57, this had to have been in someone basement, as there is no ware on it, cord near mint.  Also a new one to me. A all date matching 500 E/F with early dial blank.  This one has stamped in to the housing, "Lift plunger to talk or dial", I have never see this before on a 500, seen it on the 302's

I got these from a man in the town 50 mile from me, I have known his name, but we have never meet, so on this trip I took the time to go meet with him. Will be going back another time.

I paid $150 for the DK. Blue 554 and $25 for the 500E/F.    The 554 will replace my 558 in the display.

Vern

Sargeguy

I am going to nominate my Western Electric 288 fiddleback with bevelled edge 7-digit transmitter.  Considering that a 288 is a hard to find phone, and the transmitter is normally about $350, I think it was a score!

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=20758.0
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Vern P

Thanks for posting the stock photos of my find, so day I will find a way to post my own, but don't hold your breath, as it will not be soon.
Vern

dsk

I found an ad about a field exchange on finn.no

Only NOK 1500 or about $183. Luckily for me, my son spent some holiday a few minutes driving from where it was, so he picked it up for me.

I've got it, but are going away a few days so I only briefly know what I have got:

1 Field-exchange, German used in WWII and later used by the Norwegian forces.
6 Field telephones also German war relics used by the Norwegian forces.
1 spool of field cable.

Everything is in working condition, it has had some military maintenance. 

Among the phones is a 1937 version of a rarer circuit than the more common 1939 and later field telephones.

I have started to explore this find here:
http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=20851.msg213377#msg213377
where you may find more info, and i will follow up that thread when I know more.

dsk

AE_Collector

Okay...I know, I am a day early...but....I have internet access tonight and I won't tomorrow. So, it is time to vote for the July 2018 Find of the Month! Only 6 contestants this month so vote for your favourite TWO. I hope no one was waiting until the last moment to submit their find. If so, I'm sorry.

Terry

compubit

I was going to,  but will defer to August...

Jim
A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!

AE_Collector

Yeah sorry Jim. Through the summer we pretty much live at our cabin in Washington State and while we can subscribe to internet service there we haven't bothered to instead carefully rationing our small data plan on our cell phones. Occasionally when I get access to some free wifi I try to take care of everything possible!

Terry

oldguy

It looks like I have a firm hold on last place :)
Gary

dsk

Now I can add info, all phones and the field exchange works, all telephones are made by different companies, and the field exchange are actually from 1937.

All of it has been used and served by the Norwegian forces after the war, the phonetic alphabet has been changed to NATO standard.  Everything has the marks of tear and wear that comes when used in the field, so it is far from NIB.  :D

dsk

AE_Collector

Quote from: oldguy on August 06, 2018, 03:59:16 PM
It looks like I have a firm hold on last place😀😀

And proud of it! Too bad it wasn't AE :)

You've had lots of great finds, some finds resonate more with collectors than others do.

Last chance to vote!

Terry

Pourme

Quote from: oldguy on August 06, 2018, 03:59:16 PM
It looks like I have a firm hold on last place😀😀

Ha!....I didn't even have anything that made the cut to be entered!....You're way ahead of me!
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service