News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Found - Wanted GEC Bakelite Receiver Cap

Started by Doug Rose, August 12, 2018, 10:27:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

I found a WE Transmitter cap taped to the GEC handset where the receiver cap should go. Bummer. Anyone have a spare receiver cap for sale of trade....thanks...Doug
Kidphone

FABphones

I could trade a 164 earcap from the UK if that's what you are looking for, but postage might be prohibitive. If you don't find anything closer to home, I could dig my GPO spares out for you and let you know what I have.
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

Doug Rose

Thanks Fab...but the postage would be a killer.....Doug
Kidphone

Doug Rose

Still looking...please check you parts....thx...Doug
Kidphone

tubaman

Doug,
Make sure you get the right one as there are two different types depending on which receiver you have - details http://www.britishtelephones.com/t164.htm
If you put an earpiece No23 on a 1L receiver it will work but it doesn't screw down quite as far as it should so doesn't look quite right.
:)

Looking again - it looks like that receiver has been messed with as I can't see the diaphragm (which should have a pair of coils under it).

Doug Rose

Thanks tuba man.....it is just two sided tape as a WE transmitter cap was taped on it....thanks for the info....Doug
Kidphone

Doug Rose

I bought this handset for another use but it arrived with the transmitter cap smashed and cracked. I was really disappointed until I tried the receiver cap on my GEC Handset. It fit perfectly!!
Kidphone