News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Princess success story and question

Started by Scott, November 26, 2018, 11:11:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott

Because of the information here I now have a very nice pink "63 702B telephone. Thank you to the person that recently mentioned using glass cleaner to clean receiver cords. Thank you to the person a long time ago that gave advice about why the dial tone and incoming audio were extremely low when everything else worked fine. Thank you for the multitude of people recommending Novus polish. Thank you for even showing me how to take a finger wheel off many years ago! To everyone that has ever given advice or passed along some information, thank you. Because of that I have been able to repair and freshen up many telephones that may have eventually been trashed or boxed away and forgotten. Now for my question. I cannot seem to find a supplier for a rubber base pad for said pink "63 702B Princess telephone. (Thank you Paul F for providing photos of which pad is the correct one for this phone). Any ideas?

Regards,
Scott K.

Ktownphoneco

Scott  ....   Old Phone Works has them.      Here's a link to the web page : https://www.oldphoneworks.com/princess-phone-cork-bottom.html

Jeff Lamb

Scott

Thank you Jeff. I had found the cork pads in a couple of places. Since this is a date matching telephone I thought I would try to find a more date accurate rubber pad. Thanks again for the reply.

Scott K.

poplar1

"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.