Main Menu

Auction 178: WE 1957 "Demitasse" F-52578 Dial Deskset - Ended 6/15/15

Started by TelePlay, June 09, 2015, 08:15:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

19and41

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

cloyd

$750  But first I want to know if it has a straight line ringer!  I have learned my lesson.
cloyd
-- I am always doing what I cannot do yet, in order to learn how to do it. - Van Gogh -- 1885

tallguy58

Cheers........Bill

baldopeacock

$2650.

I was going to bid a grand or so lower but my fingers mistyped the $26__ three times.   I thought it was an omen.

twocvbloke

19and41

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

twocvbloke

Quote from: 19and41 on June 13, 2015, 07:52:32 PMMighty enterprising of you.  :)

It's only logical...  8)

(plus I had that very figure appear in my GTA Online cash last night, so, thought I'd try it!!)

TelePlay

Quote from: twocvbloke on June 14, 2015, 05:08:17 AM
Quote from: 19and41 on June 13, 2015, 07:52:32 PMMighty enterprising of you.  :)

It's only logical...  8)

(plus I had that very figure appear in my GTA Online cash last night, so, thought I'd try it!!)

. . . and as you said which is more than logical,   ---> "You gotta be in it to win it !!!"

$1,516.50

TelePlay

Here's the near final 3% "no crowding" gap spreadsheet for this contest with 20 guesses. The wide range of guesses so far have left plenty of available guesses throughout the whole range but there is a section that has become quite popular in the mid to high teens.

Available guesses or guess ranges are shown in GREEN within the small upper right black bordered box.

( click on the table to enlarge the image )

TelePlay

And the winner of Auction Contest #178 is Sargeguy who with the 3rd entry into the contest offered the winning guess of $1,100.00 to give him his 13th auction contest win extending his championshipness to 3 wins over the next highest winners! So, a big congratulations go out to Sargeguy for another win in the CRPF Auction Contests and for moving up one more rung into the wild blue yonder of the Contest Standings list of winners.

Once again we see a last second snipe by a bidder placing theirfirst bid winning the auction. The last few seconds saw 2 snipes doubling the $577 bid placed almost a day earlier and in the end, 5***9 ( 1192)'s one and only bid of at least $1,136.11 just 3 seconds before the auction ended gave him the win and the right to take the phone home. The phone was listed at $9.99 and over the 7 days, attracted 14 bidders placing 24 bids.

Check out the updated Contest Standings to see who's who through 178 contests and the latest additions to the CRPF Hall of Fame

Thanks again to all who played. As always, there is only one way to get on the winner's board or move up a rung - you have to play to win.

TelePlay

Just noticed, for what it's worth, the seller of this phone just put up a Shmoo in a BIN auction at Contest 176 pricing.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-Western-Electric-Bell-SHMOO-Rotary-Telephone-/191603319927

But, it's missing the dial center.