News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

FOUND -- WANTED: 2500 Bezel - Orange

Started by mazda_matt, August 18, 2017, 02:59:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mazda_matt

Does anyone happen to have some spare 2500 dial bezels available?
oldphoneworks.com
1-800-843-1320

Coupon Code - CRF10 (10% off)

tipnring

Just Orange or any colour???  Dennis

Victor Laszlo

I can't think of what a dial bezel would be.  Do you mean "faceplate?"  There are several manufacturers and sellers of 2500-type telephones who might be persuaded to sell them separately.   Have you tried Googling "2500 telephone?"  Cortelco comes to mind as one such supplier.

To see what the proper industry terms are for telephone parts, a good place to start for a hobbyist would be the BSP's for the particular telephone of interest.

Victor Laszlo

Oh, I see that the company "Old Phone Works" sells 2500's. Is that your company?  I guess that you would know how to source the parts you need. Sorry for interfering.

Dave F

You obviously realize that orange 2500s are pretty uncommon.  The only thing tougher to find than the whole phone would be just the orange faceplate.  If you are successful at locating any please let us know, as that info could be a valuable resource.

DF

compubit

I have an orange SC 2510 (think that's the SCmodel number, but the bottom is rusted) - but someone decided to use a pen on every 5th or 6th line of the faceplate, so he faceplate looks like crap. I'm trying to clean it with no luck - or find a replacement faceplate...not much luck, but the overall phone instrument is beyond repair, so it's going to be "non-original" regardless...

Jim
A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!

mazda_matt

Sorry for the no reply. I guess I forgot to turn on notifications.

I ended up getting 10 from Richard Rose.

Thanks again.

-MM
oldphoneworks.com
1-800-843-1320

mazda_matt

Quote from: Dave F on August 19, 2017, 10:59:43 PM
You obviously realize that orange 2500s are pretty uncommon.  The only thing tougher to find than the whole phone would be just the orange faceplate.  If you are successful at locating any please let us know, as that info could be a valuable resource.

DF

Yes, they are hard to find. Even harder to find an orange 2500 that isn't sticker burned..

-MM
oldphoneworks.com
1-800-843-1320

Jim Stettler

Quote from: compubit on August 20, 2017, 10:13:37 PM
I have an orange SC 2510 (think that's the SCmodel number, but the bottom is rusted) - but someone decided to use a pen on every 5th or 6th line of the faceplate, so he faceplate looks like crap. I'm trying to clean it with no luck - or find a replacement faceplate...not much luck, but the overall phone instrument is beyond repair, so it's going to be "non-original" regardless...

Jim

Try hairspray for the ink
Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.