News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

BTMC Antwerp 1928

Started by Matilo Telephones, October 17, 2014, 07:09:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matilo Telephones

Did I mention yet that the postman made me very happy this week? Received a Pyramid phone, a handset I have been looking for for years and this!
A Standard Electric metal desk phone. Not sure where it was made, but I guess by BTMC Antwerp. Dial card is in French and I have a wall version exactly the same that was made in Antwerp.
The makers decal (rectangular shadow at the front) is completely illegible.
The capacitor was made 1928.
In good condition, everything is there. Except for the end bolt of the handset. Happy!
Groeten,

Arwin

Check out my telephone website: http://www.matilo.eu/?lang=en

And I am on facebook too: www.facebook.com/matilosvintagetelephones

unbeldi

Very nice. Very nice.

I love that dial. Isn't it a descendent of the 7001 dial, I believe, which was also the grandfather of the first Western Electric dial.

Does the signal work?  Is it used for signaling that the line is in use by an extension set?

Matilo Telephones

Yes, this dial was derived from a US design. This model was designed in 1912. So it was before the Standard Electric companies, BTMC included, were sold of to ITT.

So there is a lot of Bell designed parts in these phones.

The signal works. But I have not been able to get the phone working correctly. I have dialtone, I can dial out, but if I pick up on the extention dialed, it keeps ringing. Also the transmitters does not work and I haven't got it to ring.

The blinker is disconnected right now.

I have 3 wall phones of this model, with the same configuration of inner parts and the red button. The have the same sort of problems when I try to connect them. So I am doing something wrong and there is something I do not understand of these particular phones.

It was wired up according to the schematic. L1 and L2, as normal.

They also differ from the "normal" version. See picture of one I am restoring at the moment.
Groeten,

Arwin

Check out my telephone website: http://www.matilo.eu/?lang=en

And I am on facebook too: www.facebook.com/matilosvintagetelephones