News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Started my new job today.

Started by AET, December 15, 2009, 01:32:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AET

As I'm sure most of you know, I have worked at K-Mart for 3 years.  Today is actually the 3 year anniversary.  Well, I started my new job, and my new chapter in my life.  I am now working at AMPI (Associated Milk Producers, Incorporated.) 

It's a huge step that will be more than doubling my pay, is union, and has full benefits, vs. K-Mart which gives me none of those things.  Needless to say, my phone collecting habit will have fuller funding.  Just wanted to share with you all.
- Tom

gpo706

Dude, I work in retail too, crap money and shifts, I'm really pleased you got a better gig, just don't outbid me on ebay man!
"now this should take five minutes, where's me screwdriver went now..?"

AET

Ha, I'll try not to.  Yeah, I was management and still making less than ten bucks an hour!  One week 4am shifts, another week second shift, another week overnites, another week 8am shifts.  I never knew what I was up against next.
- Tom

Greg G.

Quote from: AtomicEraTom on December 15, 2009, 01:32:11 AM
As I'm sure most of you know, I have worked at K-Mart for 3 years.  Today is actually the 3 year anniversary.  Well, I started my new job, and my new chapter in my life.  I am now working at AMPI (Associated Milk Producers, Incorporated.) 

It's a huge step that will be more than doubling my pay, is union, and has full benefits, vs. K-Mart which gives me none of those things.  Needless to say, my phone collecting habit will have fuller funding.  Just wanted to share with you all.

All the milk you can drink? 
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

bwanna

congrats, tom & best of luck.   what will you be doing at AMPI ???
donna

ntophones

Congratulations! That is exciting news! Hope you really enjoy your new job!
--nto

McHeath

Glad to hear about it Tom, I hope it works out well for you.  I've never done retail work, but many I've known have and the stories are all pretty much like the brief one you told.  :(

Here's to more phone collecting. :)

AET

Not so much milk to drink. I work with cheese.  Right now, I just unwrap 40 lb blocks of cheese, and load them up and take them to the line.  Not overly complicated, but after my 90 day probationary, if they hire me on (you have to go through a temp service to get in) I will be making 16.87 an hour, which is great for around here. 

Thanks everybody for the well-wishes.  I'm sure I'll be there awhile.
- Tom

Dennis Markham

Congratulations on your new gig Tom.  You will be expert at sniffing out those soft plastic sets because of your experiences with the cheese! :)

Dan/Panther

My Grandfather was plant manager in the 30's at a cheese factory in Wisconsin.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

AET

Unfortunately, I was born without a sense of smell :( 

D/P, do you remember which Factory? My mom works at Wisconsin Cheeseman in Sun Prairie.
- Tom

foots

Tom, congrats on the job. It's always nice to make a little extra money.
"Ain't Worryin' 'Bout Nothin"