and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Holy Molly Battery!

Started by sebbel, July 31, 2012, 09:42:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sebbel

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120956737384
( dead link 01-12-22 )

$104 CAD? Is that normal or did someone just really want it? Because I have 3 more that I was going to put in my 317 restoration but I'm not too sure about that anymore...

I was under the impression I was paying the full price for a novelty when I got them.
Seb.

AE_Collector

The winner is known to have DEEP pockets when he wants something! He routinely gets into bidding wars with others in the Deep Pockets category and this one usually wins the war!

Terry

poplar1

Not to worry if you missed out on this one; he has its twin for C$120 Buy it Now.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

AE_Collector

Being a Northern Battery, I hope he takes CANADIAN! Exchange rate today was $1 canadian = 99.79 cents US$. Parity here we come (again).

Terry

poplar1

Yes, he is in Halifax and item is listed in Canadian $ (C $ 120= US $ 119.72 according to Ebay)

poplar1

Here's a generator the buyer may have missed: Ebay item # 261072232499 went for $280 and the crank is missing!

DavePEI

Quote from: poplar1 on August 01, 2012, 08:46:03 AM
Here's a generator the buyer may have missed: Ebay item # 261072232499 went for $280 and the crank is missing!
Now, isn't that a ridiculous price! That is amazing. We're pricing ourselves out of the phone collecting business! Time for us to part out our collections and become millionaires

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

liteamorn

You're so right Dave, I find so many phones I would love to add to my collection but I end up just being a spectator in the auction.

DavePEI

Unbelievable! I have bought a number of batteries over the years, and have never paid more than $5 for any of them... Hope no-one begins thinking they are worth more than that!

Yes, the guy who bought it will pay anything for anything he wants. It was nothing more than a fluke. More money than brains. However, it is resulting in a bunch of sellers thinking they will always get as much as he paid for it. Meanwhile it only serves to fill the sellers pockets, and while it might not drive it up to the amount of that sale, it will drive the overall price of the item up to the point where no-one will buy it, and to the point where the sellers won't be able to buy one.

These batteries are not like spare parts. They are good for looks only - their charge is long since exhausted, and they cant be recharged or re-used. They will leak electrolyte within a couple of years once they are in different storage..

Serves no-one any good.

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001