News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Contest #1

Started by Mark Stevens, January 19, 2009, 02:07:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Stevens

Here it is, The Great Rotary Phone Forum Contest!
The prize is a Western Electric Model 500, stamped on the base, "C/D 500 8/54".  That's right, this 500 is almost as old as Dan/Panther! It's complete (minus line cord), and has leather feet, a G1 handset and very sticky dial...it's just itching to be refurbished.

To win this beauty, you have to be the first person to identify what film the screen capture below comes from.  Don't just say, "it's a Bogart movie". I need the name! Your answer should be posted in this topic thread, not in a private message. Please, don't beat me up with questions, as I'm not giving clues of any sort. I pay shipping to anywhere in the continental U.S. If someone in the Philippines should be the winner, then I may need financial assistance.  ;) If no one comes up with the correct answer, this contest expires at midnight on January 31st, 2009.

The contest begins...NOW!

TIPandRING

I got it!! It's this movie:

rp2813

Interesting that the number card is hand written.  I guess if that number was actually recited during this movie, some film buffs here will nail this one.  I tend to remember numbers from movies, like Natalie Wood's home number in "Rebel Without a Cause." 

Off topic, but caught "Bye Bye Birdie" last night just in time for the telephone scene.  Wow, what a lovely and colorful bunch of 500's and Princess phones all through that number!

Good luck everybody, and I'm thinking that none of us should be fooled into thinking Mark's  Bogart reference was a hint!
Ralph

Mark Stevens

Sargeguy

The Postman Always Rings Twice???
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

bingster

= DARRIN =

Mark Stevens

Ya bunch of comedians...I've got you stumped, haven't I?   ;D

mienaichizu

Quote from: Mark Stevens on January 19, 2009, 02:07:26 PM
If someone in the Philippines should be the winner, then I may need financial assistance.  ;)

The contest begins...NOW!

You mean me Mark, hehehe, sure If I will win I'll give you financial assistance, ahehehe ;D
I'm still thinking where that screen shot is

metdial

How about  "Double Indemnity" ?

Dan/Panther

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

bingster

Call NOrthside-777!

Wait... wrong number. ::)
= DARRIN =

Dan

I'm not a movie buff, but this to me is an unbelievably HARD contest! I'll go with the Maltese Falcon(1941).
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Mark Stevens

Quote from: Dan on January 20, 2009, 06:44:10 AM
I'm not a movie buff, but this to me is an unbelievably HARD contest! I'll go with the Maltese Falcon(1941).

No one's got it yet.  I thought it would be challenging, in spite of the presence of the phone number.  I'm just relieved that it wasn't identified in the first 30 minutes of the contest!

winkydink

Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid

metdial

Is it, "The Philadelphia Story"?