News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Ivory 1959 500

Started by liteamorn, August 06, 2013, 02:15:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

liteamorn

I got up this morning and found this Ivory (called white) 500 for a buy it now price of $29 with free shipping.

I'm hoping it's soft with original dates, he didn't really say or show any dates other than 1959.

For $29 bucks I figure it was worth a shot.

http://tinyurl.com/mhc5rwl

WesternElectricBen

Nice, good deal on shipping too! My 9/59 beigh phone is soft plastic.

Ben

McHeath

liteamorn

Well the phone arrived today and it is indeed white (58 on dial). It also is all original soft plastic with dates of 1/30/59 to 2-59.

The phone didn't ring but does now, the dial is a little sluggish, I'm thinking of sending it (and quite a few others ) to Mr. Hilz for cleaning and oil.

The phone is in great shape with no rust on the base at all. I'm a happy camper.

DavePEI

Quote from: liteamorn on August 10, 2013, 04:45:13 PM
Well the phone arrived today and it is indeed white (58 on dial). It also is all original soft plastic with dates of 1/30/59 to 2-59.

The phone didn't ring but does now, the dial is a little sluggish, I'm thinking of sending it (and quite a few others ) to Mr. Hilz for cleaning and oil.

The phone is in great shape with no rust on the base at all. I'm a happy camper.
Great find. Congratulations!

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

LarryInMichigan

It sounds like you did very well.  White soft plastic is harder to find than ivory.

Larry

poplar1

Ivory soft plastic c. 1953-1959
White soft plastic c. 1957-1959
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

liteamorn

Thanks for that information folks, I wasn't aware that white was only out in soft plastic for a couple of years, it appears to be from a smoke free house too, no yellowing at all. I'm ecstatic over this one !!