News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

W.E. 445 keyset repair

Started by Babybearjs, December 28, 2014, 12:03:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

I have contacted steve hilstz about repairing my phone , but in the meantime.... If he can't repair the phone, Then I will need to replace the keyset... does anyone have any extra 561DE keysets? (the switch unit) knowing how old these phones are and that parts are almost impossible to find I thought I'd ask.... last resort is to part out the phone and use it on other phones.
John

WesternElectricBen

What is wrong with the buttons, can you post a picture? I've been able to fix the line keys before.

Ben

Babybearjs

ah Darn! you missed it... I had gotten a reply from steve saying he couldn't repair the phone, so I went ahead and removed the leave contacts and converted the phone to a single line with hold... the trick with this is.... you have to hold down the hold key while you hang up.... then the hold works.... I saved the assemblies, but they are in a ziplock bag all in pieces. the screw heads had corroded off on all three of the switches and the hold key was the only surviving key on the assembly.... if you ever come across a 561DE key assembly, let me know.. then I can replace the whole assembly and convert it back to a 3 line phone!   John
John