News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

NE Contempras, Get'em While they last!

Started by Babybearjs, August 27, 2012, 11:02:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

Just to let everyone know, Burdens Surplus Center Has rotary Dial Contempra Phones in stock. They are $9.95 each and they have 5 different colors. to find them, go to "www.surpluscenter.com" Click on the "other" tab and then select "telephones from the menu.  hurry though.... stock is limited to what they have on hand.... and they sell these BOTH online, and in their store. so hurry!!!!!
John

AE_Collector

Some good colors too: Blue, red, gold, green & Oronge.

I think the tab at the far right is "Misc" (not other). Then "Telephones" is under Miscellaneous"

Terry

Babybearjs

thanks for the correction terry... how many are you going to buy??
John

DavePEI

Quote from: Babybearjs on August 28, 2012, 09:34:15 PM
thanks for the correction terry... how many are you going to buy??
I bought mine when K-Mart was selling refurbed units about twenty years ago! I have all but orange.

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

Combat

Id love to snag one, but after shipping its 30 bucks... one of these would be great in my workshop...  have to keep an eye out at my local thrift haunts..

I thought I found one last week, but it was touchtone..  it fooled me from across the room.

Babybearjs

don't you just "LUV" the shipping rates.....this has put a damper on alot of us wanting to order parts and telephones, etc. I can't do business with OPW because it costs too much! buy a cloth cord from them and pay double in shipping.... and not to mention the local rates..... $8.00 for a book of stamps......what is this world coming to?????
John

MaximRecoil

Quote from: Babybearjs on August 31, 2012, 01:22:07 AM
don't you just "LUV" the shipping rates.....this has put a damper on alot of us wanting to order parts and telephones, etc. I can't do business with OPW because it costs too much! buy a cloth cord from them and pay double in shipping.... and not to mention the local rates..... $8.00 for a book of stamps......what is this world coming to?????

Shipping rates seem to have gone through the roof recently; online at least. You can still take a small item (and most phone-related parts are indeed small) and mail it at the local post office (USPS) for a dollar or two, but it seems that online vendors are either arbitrarily increasing the shipping cost, or they are using UPS or Fedex to ship small items, which is absurd. UPS and Fedex have a minimum rate that they charge (which is rather high, something like $10 I think), so it can cost as much to ship e.g. a phone cord as it does to ship a whole phone.

I don't know how many times I've added some tiny couple/few dollar item to a cart only to simply close out of the entire site in disgust when I see the $10 or $15 shipping charge. If I could mail that same item to someone for a dollar or two, there is no reason they couldn't do the same.

There are some notable exceptions though. For example, Digi-Key (electronic components vendor) allows you to choose USPS First Class mail for shipping any combination of items 8 oz. in weight or less, and the shipping cost is $2.80 (you can also choose USPS Priority Mail for $4.91, up to 1 lb. in weight). This is excellent, because most items people order from them are small (e.g., capacitors, resistors, ICs, etc.). If you select UPS or Fedex for the same 8 oz. or less order, the cost is $12.75.