"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Hello! - Nilsog

Started by Nilsog, July 13, 2011, 12:32:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nilsog

Just wanted to introduce myself.

My name is Ken, I'm a firefighter in Maine. I just started researching and collecting phones and related items. So far I have 3 phones, a 1950 302, a 1972 500 and a 68 ITT 554 I'm currently working on.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all, and learning a lot more about these old phones.
Ken

stub

Nilsog,
           Ken , Welcome to the Forum. ;D  You should know that there is no cure for this type of collecting :o    I can help on the AE's ( Automatic Electric ) but just about useless on some of the others.  There are plenty of others that can help on just about everything.    stub1953
Kenneth Stubblefield

McHeath

Welcome!  I don't really know anything about old phones but I know people who do. ;D

Just4Phones

Welcome to our world and the group Ken.  There are alotta great people here that are always willing to help.   DISCLAIMER: Telephone collecting is not a hobby its an addiction and those 3 phones of yours will soon have 3 friends...ask anyone in the group  ;D

HarrySmith

Hi Ken! Welcome to the asylum! I call it phoneitis and there is no cure! These things multiply quickly. Those 3 phones and the 3 new ones will not look right until you get the other color or the matching wall phone or the other model. There is always another phone, prepare your family and your home! This is a really nice bunch of guys with a lot of experience and knowledge who are always ready to help. Enjoy your stay!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Nilsog

I already have my eyes on a D1 and a model 233... so I think the phoneitis has set in and is running full course! I also think it may be airborne, because my fiancee seems to be loving them as well...

Thanks for the welcome, guys!  ;D
Ken