News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

The round hole with a square peg.... multi-line round vs square buttons

Started by Babybearjs, March 01, 2019, 05:57:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

Here's today's question......  when it come to multi-line phones, which do you prefer?  The older sets with the round buttons? Or, the newer sets with the Square buttons? Thought I'd ask... cause I have Both....
John

I like my 1965 NE 564 newer style with round buttons best.
In my collection I have 5 multi-line phones.

1948 Black NE465KC Round Buttons
1965 Black NE564 Round Buttons
1975 Black NE564 Square Buttons
1972 Green NE564 Square Buttons
1982 Beige NE2564 Square Buttons

RotarDad

I prefer the round buttons and have a black '62 WE 565HK, but I do fondly remember the square button units that were everywhere in retail stores and businesses when I was a kid....
Paul

Key2871

For me I prefer square because I just think it looks nicer with them and the RED hold button.
KEN

Babybearjs

;D ;D LOL! Doug, the pictures you posted are exactly like what I have! When I first got into eBay, I got into a bidding war over a 464G and won it. Because I already was in love with the 300 series, adding the 400 series was no biggy! I have both the 440 series and the 460 series, but just for the 1A1 system. the 1A system didn't have the lights and I love the Lights! anyway, after I started to complete that set of phones, I went onto the 540 and 560 series phones and have 3 544's, 2 of which have been changed over to 2544's as I like having an updated version of a 3 line phone. the ITT 576 phone just didn't seem to work for me... though its nice, it was too easy to wire... But as a collector, I love showing variation... thus I do have both the round and square button sets... Now, If I can only get some more color in my collection.... I'm on the hunt for a RED 564 and want to find Blue, Yellow in both the 560 series as well as the 2560 series... wish me luck!
John

paul-f

Quote from: Babybearjs on March 01, 2019, 05:57:05 AM
:o :o  OK Guys! here's todays question......  when it come to multiline phones, which do you prefer?  the older sets with the round buttons? or the newer sets with the Square buttons?

Don't forget to collect keysets with rectangular keys.   ;)
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Babybearjs

I haven't come across any phones with the newer rectangular buttons... Except for a 2565 with a newer LED lit keyset. I pulled the unit out of it and put it in storage as an emergency backup. I don't like the newer styles as I'm a classic type person...
John