News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

3entRa CHIMING MANTEL CLOCK

Started by ....., April 11, 2015, 07:36:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I picked up this Mantel Clock at a local thrift shop yesterday for $25.00. It came with the key to wind it up. I'm not sure how to wind it. I moved the hands to the hour and 1/4 hour it chimes just like an old grandfather clock. Loud, but soft chimes. What do the three wind up spots do? I did a Google search and found this one on eBay for $325.00. It only has 3 chimes while mine has 5. Also it has 2 key holes. mine has 3 and the clock mechanism is different.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-ART-DECO-WESTMINSTER-ZENTRA-CHIMING-MANTEL-CLOCK-50-S-/151539967951

This is a first of this type of clock for me. I do have some alarm clocks.

Doug / Autonut

HarrySmith

I can't tell you anything about it but I like it!! Very cool looking clock! The inside looks brand new and looks like it was made by a Swiss Watchmaker!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

19and41

One will be for the clock operation,  I'm guessing 1 for the westminster chime and one for the 1/4 hour chime.  Leave a little slack when you wind them.  That is a nice mid-century contemporary design.  Refreshing to see it.  (You virtually stole it, too)   :D
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

NorthernElectric

Not the exact same model as yours, but another ZentRa with perhaps similar chimes?.

Old ZentRa Mantle Clock - Westminster Chime
Cliff

Yes, that's it. That is what it sounds like. My wife decided for me that she wanted to keep it. I took it in to a clock repair shop today to have it checked over.

Doug / Autonut

19and41

A chiming clock is quite handy for being able to tell the time without always having to see it.  It will let you know.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

I finely sold the ZentRa clock this week. My wife decided she liked the Forestville below better. The lady who bought it was very happy to get it.