"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Definition of bad service?

Started by dsk, May 03, 2013, 06:11:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dsk

I've lost my internet connection!
OK GET the provider sends a service man. The day after.
A few minutes, and conclusion. The modem is defect. (owned by GET)
You have to get a new one...good bye.
Again, I called GET, you may pick one up at our office more than 1 hour away by bus.. or we may put one in the mail.

By now I'm out of connection at home for xx days! >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

dsk

AE_Collector

Who did the service call, the Telco? Is there a bill to someone for the service all since it appears to not have been their problem?

Terry

twocvbloke

I think that sort of issue is pretty standard, if a modem dies you have to wait for a new one to be delivered, as they have to program them to be plug in & play ready for their service, and of course you have to wait for the snailmail to transport it... :-\

At least you have an option to collect it from an office of theirs, over here, our provider is 2 hours away by car (well their call centre is), so, if our modem died then we'd have no option but to wait for a new modem to arrive... :D

Haf

If dsk drives two hours by car he's in Sweden, or Denmark :)
But I think it won't take that much time, normally the providers have those in stock so it's a one hour drive by bus (enjoying the landscape at spring time) or mail, what should be one or two days. At least, if it's same as here, it doesn't cost anything.
And, not to forget..he's got a new old phone becoming most important when connection to the world throu internet is lost :) That was what most of us did not so long ago, talking to friends by phone.
I know that from myself, most of us lost their patience...not even thinking of letters taking days to arrive and sometimes weeks to get an answer. we got used to get everything in no time. Those were the days when everything was maybe simpler..but slow :)
Telephone:
0049-030-55474418
1-415-449-4743
1-604-757-7474

dsk

You are right about 2 hrs to Sweden by car.
The parcels comes tomorrow, I have some testing going on just now, the old modem running, laying on one cooling element for camping coolers, and one on the top, seems like its working  :)
Could we say "pretty cool"?  :D

dsk