News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Old lineman's case.

Started by Greg G., August 20, 2010, 03:26:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg G.

From the same guys who have that warehouse and intercoms I mentioned a while back.  They uncovered this vintage Bell System lineman's case.  No, I didn't buy it.  I'm tapped out and it's just not something that interests me that much.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

gpo706

Thats a natty very functional case.

I've a similar GPO one in brown plastic, but it has nothing in it, no compartments or anything, also got a nice leather toolbag and a BT yellow leather bag, they all come in handy for storing bits/tools.
"now this should take five minutes, where's me screwdriver went now..?"

Greg G.

More of an interest to those who have as much interest in old Bell System related artifacts as they do phones.  If it really rotates someones dial, I can put you in touch with them. 
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

bwanna

how much ya think they want for that, greg ???  i like all that old bell system stuff. haven't ever seen a case like that.
donna

AE_Collector

Probably more of an Installers tool kit or maybe a repairmans kit. I have several of these cases but the compartments are set up differently. Mine are made by "Jelco".

Terry

Doug Rose

When I first started in the business, we were issued a B Box. As I remember, it had a B in the serial number or was just labeled with a B.  KS-7771 I assume would be an older model. For the tech on the road, these were a perfect place to organize your tools. BUT they were heavy and it was too much weight to carry any distance! Most techs carried a small bag with your most used tools (punch tool, butt set etc) and these were left in there car. This is a nice piece....Doug
Kidphone