News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Wonderful WE H13 Not Mine on eBay

Started by Doug Rose, August 10, 2014, 07:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

Of the 302 variants, this is by far my favorite. I always keep the handset off of mine, but I do love the handset holder the Tom created...Doug
Kidphone

kleenax

Quote from: HarrySmith on January 13, 2020, 12:56:56 PM
I have one of these but the cradle is not lettered. I have not removed the case yet. I need to see if it is marked H 13. I am guessing probably not. Case was probably swapped before I got it. Any body got an extra case?
Ironically Harry, I DO have an extra case for one of these!  Just the body; nothing else.
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

guitar1580

Great idea on the holders Tom.  Looks great.

If I may ask, what is the idea behind the phone and the "lift plunger to dial or talk" directive?

19and41

At least in the states, many home centers sell Lexan as a replacement for window glass.  It's relatively easy to work with.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

rdelius

This was a party line set. You picked up the handset and listened to see if busy .If not, You lifted the plunger to use the telephone. The telephone rec was in the circuit but you could not talk and disturb the call in progress. AE and SC had sets that worked with 2 step hookswitches with a latch to do the same things.

guitar1580

Thanks rdelius.  That's interesting.  We had a party line in the early 60s, and when you picked up, you were fully connected.  There was an elderly lady across the street who would always listen in on calls, and you could usually hear her pick up.  Sometimes after a while, she would chime in and give her opinion.  My parents just laughed it off.

Babybearjs

I have one of these.... I took it apart and used the switch hook assembly on a 410. did they ever use the switch hook option on a 410?
John

HarrySmith

Quote from: kleenax on January 13, 2020, 08:33:05 PM
Ironically Harry, I DO have an extra case for one of these!  Just the body; nothing else.

PM sent.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Vern P

Story of "the one that got away",  I was driving to the Abline, KS show one year. Stopped in a shop, picked up a 302 put it in the car with out looking it over to much. Got to the show, but it out on the table, sold it then the new owner took the receiver off, then I saw the "lift to talk". Oh well :<). I have one with a cracked body.
Vern

PS:  I have a "push to talk" 202,  will post more info on it later.  I know of 3 of these, so it is not one of a kind.

HarrySmith

Please, Post about it. I have never seen or heard of that phone. Lots of pictures also!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Vern P

I have posted 13 photos of my "part line" 202 under General talk.
Vern

Vern P

Quote from: Babybearjs on January 14, 2020, 10:27:02 PM
I have one of these.... I took it apart and used the switch hook assembly on a 410. did they ever use the switch hook option on a 410?

Never seen or heard of one, but then I don't know it all.
Vern

Doug Rose

Quote from: tom128 on January 12, 2020, 06:44:33 PM
I'm with Doug, this is one of my favorite 302 variations. I took some scrap Lexan and using a heat gun and a junk F1 formed a cradle lift for mine. I used a couple of pieces of small sticky "snot" tape so it couldn't slide. Then I made another variation for my 1942 red 302 because I really wanted to show off the solid red plungers. Similar idea to the other but it works. Lexan is cheap from a place like Home Depot.
Tom was generous enough to send me one of these! It is great....I love it....thanks Tom....Doug
Kidphone