"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Value? of a vintage Kellogg Rotary Wall Telephone

Started by AT2796, January 03, 2019, 05:24:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AT2796

Hello Everyone!
I am seeking your opinions on the value of this phone. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Orignal-Kellog-Wall-Telephone-Working-Condition/273519994319
Since I am not into reselling or making a profit, I generally assign value on how much I am willing to pay. Sometimes I loose, sometimes I don't.
I would really like a WE in this style, just not $2-300 bad enough. I figure this will scratch my itch until such a time as the right WE falls into my lap or I decide I want it bad enough.
What do you all think about the phone and it's price?
As always, I appreciate your time!
Andy

rdelius

Price does not seem too bad but origional ringer has been replaced. Has a North dial

AT2796

Thanks to the Moderator for correcting my title. I meant to clarify after I got my thoughts in to words, but got excited and hit the button!

I thought the ringer was a little off too, maybe more of a buzzer?
Is a "north dial" normal on this set?
I've also got a candlestick itch and there's one on eBay starting at $65 with a beat up 684 subset ending in a few days, so I may sit on this one for a bit...

Thanks for the reply!
Andy

rdelius

That replacement ringer i think came out of a trim line. The North dial is the same vintage as the set.Kellogg  made dials. The earlier ones with a marked fingerwheel are hard to find .The ones that are an AE copy are easier to find. The kellogg dials used on some 1000 sets would not look right because no sides -there is a gap. Also dials off of selectophones will not work.