Dan/Panther

Man....................

This makes post ............1000.

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

HobieSport

Cool, D/P!  Does that make you a super hero member? :D

Dan/Panther

Is he using a credit card to make a call ?
D/P

McHeath

I think you are the first person to get to 1000 posts.  Congrads.  Do we all get some cake and ice cream? 

HobieSport

Quote from: Dan/Panther
Is he using a credit card to make a call ?
D/P

Maybe he's phoning the credit card company to ask why his card is over the limit because some woman named Lois Lane used it to make so many purchases on Ebay, for red, white and blue telephones? ;)

Congrats Dan of Panther! 

Heath, I checked just for fun, and you have the second most posts.  When you get to 1000, we're all coming over to YOUR place for cake and ice cream. ;D

Dan/Panther

Matt;
I think that's a great idea. Cake and Ice cream at McHeaths place.
D/P

AET

- Tom

McHeath

That would be cool, you could all drop in and we'd make some ice cream on the patio while swapping phone tales.  The price of admission: you must bring 1 old phone as a "cover charge".
;)

Dennis Markham

Congrats Dan on the 1000th post.  I'm in for ice cream at Heath's.  How long will it take me to drive there from Michigan? 

Ellen

RSVP's from three California guys and 2 from halfway there.  Dennis and Tom can carpool in one of the Oldies.  Everything west of the Hudson is the Midwest until you get to The Stonies, then it's all Cal., right? 

I won't be there, sorry :(.  I'd like to go to a New England phone show this Spring, though.  They might have cake at the concession.

McHeath

Speaking of New England, I was just trying to talk my wife into exploring the idea of moving to Vermont.  Why?  I have no idea, but it sounds interesting.  She's a lifelong Calif girl, I've lived here and there over the years, and she views New England Snows with suspicion. 

It'd be interesting to live in a state that has fewer people than our metro area.

Ellen

Quote from: McHeath on March 08, 2009, 01:47:13 PM
Speaking of New England, I was just trying to talk my wife into exploring the idea of moving to Vermont. 

Well, I would recommend a few long vacations, first.  But Vermont is a fabulous place.  We have a bit of overgrown hillside there, but it is a lot of work to maintain from a distance with no livestock to keep the brush down.  In New England, neglected land turns into forest.  I don't know if you knew that.  I think in Cal. neglected land turns to desert?  Northern New England has 2 seasons - 9 months of winter and 3 months of bad sledding.  And a mini-season called Mud.  Also painted trilliums, beaver ponds that wash out your road, black flies, moose, wild turkeys, golden alexanders, pileated woodpeckers, extensive snowmobile trail networks, wild rice, mild-mannered mountains, nice rivers, alewives running up the rivers in spring, fiddleheads, little asparagus farms in the floodplains of the Connecticut River, drinking fountains built into the side of the mountain in the woods.  And sugar maples.  Bliss.

Here, McHeath - give this a try!  http://www.butterworksfarm.com/Application.htm

Dan/Panther

Ellen;
You wrote;" I think in Cal. neglected land turns to desert? "
In the Metropolitan areas of California, they turn into fines...

In my rural area, Photo one turns into photo two, then into photo three.
D/P

Dan/Panther

I forgot to mention, I live in what they call the High Desert. Desert all the same, in the summer it get's hot here, but in the winter it gets cold here.
photo two and three are the same area, about 3 months apart.
D/P

BDM

Man, that would be nice for my ATV and shooting habits. Nice clear and clean!
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI