News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

AT&T slimline 210

Started by neondave, March 20, 2024, 09:01:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neondave

I hope its ok to post this question , as this is a touch tone phone.  I was looking for a call ID box to use with my western electric candlestick . I found one on epay but this Slimline 210 was included , 4.50 for both + ship.   What years was this phone made ?  1980's ?   Says its made in Mexico.  Both are in great shape.

Thanks for the help !  Dave

tubaman

Photos, we like photos!

neondave

LarryInMichigan

I shared an apartment around 1989 and the roommate bought a phone like that for the apartment, so that would place it in the late 1980s.

Larry

poplar1

If you mean the TRIMline 210, they are still available:
https://telephones.att.com/pd/200/210M-Black-Trimline-Corded-Phone
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

neondave

Quote from: poplar1 on March 21, 2024, 09:49:02 AMIf you mean the TRIMline 210, they are still available:
https://telephones.att.com/pd/200/210M-Black-Trimline-Corded-Phone

Interesting , still some landline users out there :D a few slight diff between 210 / 210M . Wonder where they are made now

MMikeJBenN27

I still use a "land-line".  I don't see how you can collect classic phones and not be able to test and use them.

Mike

tubaman

Quote from: MMikeJBenN27 on March 23, 2024, 12:19:16 AMI still use a "land-line".  I don't see how you can collect classic phones and not be able to test and use them.

Mike

Where I live we wouldn't want to be reliant on the mobile signal as it of very patchy. We do have wi-fi calling on some of our mobiles but of course that's no good if the power goes out. At the moment we still have a real landline but under current plans that'll be gone in the next year or so and it'll be VOIP or nothing.

MMikeJBenN27

That's what they want to do here as well.  I just hope the PUC refuses them, as VOIP requires a modem, which doesn't work if there is a power failure, and I don't have the money for a Tesla Powerwall.

Mike

poplar1

Quote from: neondave on March 21, 2024, 12:08:42 PMInteresting , still some landline users out there :D a few slight diff between 210 / 210M . Wonder where they are made now

Checking on eBay, I see Mexico, China, and Taiwan.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Contempra

Quote from: MMikeJBenN27 on March 23, 2024, 12:19:16 AMI still use a "land-line".  I don't see how you can collect classic phones and not be able to test and use them.

Mike

I agree if you have some old classic phones,  you need a land-line . Right now i use my cell phones, but my land-line is always used everyday .

Stormcrash

Based on the buttons and other details this is a late 90s to early 2000s trimline. It's after the switch to hard plastic bigger buttons from the soft plastic rectangle ones, but before the ringer was moved into the handset and the screw holding the handset together replaced by all clips.

Quote from: neondave on March 21, 2024, 12:08:42 PMInteresting , still some landline users out there :D a few slight diff between 210 / 210M . Wonder where they are made now

The M in the currently made 210M stands for memory. There used to be 3 Trimline models in the 90s/2000s, the basic 210 with no memory, the 220 with 3 one touch redial buttons, and the 230 with the one touch buttons and 9 or ten number memory redial on the keypad. At some point the old 210 and 220 models were dropped and the 230 was renumbered as the 210M

As far as I know they are all made in China nowadays.