News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Another Interesting find

Started by Dan, June 13, 2009, 07:23:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sean

Well Dan, you've found my favorite phone. They are quite nice and the $15 is about what I have paid for the least expensive one I've found. If you want to sell the handset caps on eBay, they usually bring $15-25 by themselves. The plunger assembly can also be sold by itself for $12-15 by itself, and if the dial is working well, it can be sold as well. I am always in the market for cases for these. I keep hoping our friends at telephonecreations.com will begin casting these in many colors as I have 5 or 6 of them I would like to put colored cases on.

Congrats on your find!

Sean
Yep... I am an AE 35/50 and 34/40 nut.

Automatic Electric, Automatic Electric, Automatic Electric!
AE CO, AE CO, AE CO!
Monophone, Monophone, Monophone!

All hail King Almon Strowger!

Dan

Still , this phone is on my basement wall. It is gorgeous and most people think it is a decoration till it rings!
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

ntophones

That is one of the phones I hope to get into my collections, too! What a beautiful wall phone!
Congrats!
--nto

Dan

The chrome really makes her pop!

"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Phonesrfun

Beautiful phones, aren't they?

Yours looks great!  They are truly an element of a bygone era.  I guess I need to get my AE 50 out and hung up, and hooked up too!

-Bill G

JorgeAmely

Sean:

Could you please post a picture of an AE35?

Thanks in advance.
Jorge

Dan

35's are on my want list. They are a little pricey, but gorgeous!