Find of the Month - April 2012

Started by AE_Collector, March 31, 2012, 10:54:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Find of the Month - April 2012

Sebbel's Northern Electric #2 Uniphone wall phone in Burled Walnut for $50
4 (21.1%)
AE_collector's AE 87 and two AE 187's in black for free
3 (15.8%)
olderdude60's AE Styleline desk phone in Tropic Green (didn't get the $ - $20 ish)
1 (5.3%)
TelePlay's matching date 6-55 WE D1 202 factory plated Imperial for $36 + $14 shipping
3 (15.8%)
JubileeCompact's ivory AE40 with gold trim for 110 pounds + 11 shipping
8 (42.1%)

Total Members Voted: 19

AE_Collector

Post your "Finds of the Month" for April 2012 Here.

"Finds of the Month" are items that you acquired this month that you are particulatly excited about either because of its rarity, the difficulty you had in trying to find one for your collection or the exceptional "deal" you got on it etc.

Terry

AE_Collector

I'm going to start things off for April by nominating Sebbel's Northern Electric #2 Uniphone wall phone in Burled Walnut for $50.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=6698.msg77130#msg77130

Terry

AE_Collector

I'll nominate one of my finds this month. My AE 87 and two AE 187's (one old syle faceplate and one with newer paper facemat) acquired for N/C when I found them still in service and replaced them with new two line modern phones.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=6740.0

Terry

olderdude60

Here's my find:  a 1976 I believe, GTE Lime Green Slimlline - picked up on Ebay!  I'm thrilled with it.

Jim

AE_Collector

Great, another AE Find! It is a "Styleline" in "Tropic Green" color code 23.

If you need the other 15 to 20 colors that the Stylelines were available in, I have lots of them available, most of them in very nice condition.

Terry

olderdude60

Thanks Terry!   I've been searching for a green one for sometime but the $$$$ were beyond my limited budget for purchasing a phone until this one came along from California.  I love this forum.

Say, any clues on buffing out scratches - it's got a couple - pm me if you do.

Oh, and ah, what other colors does this phone come in?

Jim

AE_Collector

Quote from: olderdude60 on April 12, 2012, 07:47:40 PM
Say, any clues on buffing out scratches - it's got a couple - pm me if you do.

Scratches can be dealt with just like any other plastic phone. There is lots of info here on the forum somewhere. Novus plastic polish works well. A buffer or Ryobi sander to sand or polish out scratches etc.

Quote from: olderdude60 on April 12, 2012, 07:47:40 PM
Oh, and what other colors does this phone come in?

Ebony Black 00

Sand Beige 10

Ivory 13

Turquoise 15

Lemonade 17

Camellia Pink 18

Gardenia White 19

Antique White 21

Espresso Brown 22

Tropic Green 23

Electric Blue 24

Tangerine Oronge 25

Candy Apple Red 26

Porcelain Blue 27

Sunny Yellow 28

Autumn Gold 29

Forget Me Not Blue 30

Beige 31

Avocado Green 32

Desert Sand 35

Terra Cotta 36

Forest Green 37

Clear

I also have one of two different "Woodgrain" Stylelines

Terry

TelePlay

Having received it Friday and cleaned it up today, I'd like to nominate my matching date 6-55 WE D1 202 Gold/Bronze/Brass factory plated Imperial which I picked up as the 4th bidder on a 7 day auction for $36 including a 685A subset. Shipping $14. Cast numbers inside the base and no red ink date stamp raise a question of the phone's origin/purpose/intent.

olderdude60

John, that's a real beauty - why do I miss those auctions!   sigh 8)  A very nice find for sure!

Jim

TelePlay

Quote from: olderdude60 on April 15, 2012, 09:30:39 PM
John, that's a real beauty - why do I miss those auctions!   sigh 8)  A very nice find for sure!

Jim

I should have included the link to this phone's project postings. It has all the pictures including the poor one and only one on eBay that I think scared off a lot of buyers. Here is that link.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=6803.0

JubileeCompact

Well I was quite pleased with this :)

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=6852.0

Seamus
Seamus

JubileeCompact

Going on the one thats currently on Ebay at over $300 with 4 odd days left quite a lot!!
Seamus

AE_Collector

I wrapped up the April "Find of the Month" a day early as it works out much better for me to set up the poll today rather than tomorrow since I'm on a "road trip", by plane and soon to be on a boat....WTH?

So time to vote for the best "Find of the Month" in your opinion.

Terry

olderdude60

Sorry about leaving the price out!   $46 with shipping
Jim

AE_Collector

Okay, looks like another AE phone has run away with the Find of the Month! JubileeCompact's ivory AE40 with gold trim was the favorite this month. Nice Find Jubilee! A great deal for sure.

Now lets turn our attention to the May Find of the Month....

Terry