News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

This Just In - Mediterranean Blue - Low Final Sale Price

Started by Dennis Markham, August 18, 2010, 11:42:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dennis Markham

Other than the recent rare exceptions ($770 Mahogany 500, $660 Moss Green "Mushroom") prices for our coveted soft plastic phones continue to get relatively low prices on eBay.  Perhaps this one flew below the radar, but a Mediterranean Blue 500 with straight gray cords for $169?! 

http://tinyurl.com/27tje5q

There was a time when $250 as a Buy It Now was considered a good price for a Med. Blue with the coiled handset cord.  The Gray straight cord often will add $100 to the price of any of the old soft plastic sets.  Maybe this ended at a poor time----just before noon (Eastern Time).  That makes it 9:00AM out on the left coast when many people are just getting to work.

Congratulations to the lucky "winner".  Anyone here get this??

Dan

That was a good buy for someone. I got lucky and found this. It was listed at $24.99 or best offer. I counter offered $15 and he took it. All #'s matching Ivory soft plastic from 1-58!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160467127050&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:US:1123

What's u p with the cheap prices the Medit blue 500's are bringing? I believe one last week went for $169
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

jsowers

Not me. Wish it were, though. That's an excellent price for that phone, and it looks to be in beautiful shape too. I saw it earlier and had it bookmarked, but this is the busy time of year for me--school is starting. Today was the first day teachers are back. I forgot about it. :'( It did end at an odd time.
Jonathan

Dennis Markham

Nice price on the Ivory, Dan.  I've picked up a few Ivory soft plastic sets over the years for good prices.  Maybe they're abundant because they seem to sell low.  It's a nice addition to your soft plastic collection.

Dan

Thanks Dennis. If I can get soft plastic for a price like that,  I always go for it.  ;)
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Craig T

Man that is a nice one, but I am sorry to say not heading to me  :)

Another great find Dan, good eye!

AE_Collector

The "ebaY Handles List" is going to go with a buyer named "trainavenue" registered in Ohio. Unfortunately I don't yet know who trainavenue is but I know who I can ask....

Terry

Jester

Quote from: jsowers on August 18, 2010, 04:57:39 PM
Not me. Wish it were, though. That's an excellent price for that phone, and it looks to be in beautiful shape too. I saw it earlier and had it bookmarked, but this is the busy time of year for me--school is starting. Today was the first day teachers are back. I forgot about it. :'( It did end at an odd time.

That was the same problem I had--weird ending time & I'm back at work this week.  I wouldn't have minded a shot at it, though.
Stephen