News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

WE 202 Subset ringer

Started by Bingles, July 10, 2014, 06:59:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bingles

Hi!!  I have a WE 202 that has the traditional WE subset.  The problem is that I need it NOT to ring.  I have quite a few rotary phones in my apartment and when they all ring it gets rather loud.... and since there are two phones in the living room, I wanted to disconnect the ringer on the WE 202 since it rests on the floor and would probably be the most annoying to my downstairs neighbor.

Only problem... I have no idea which color cord is for the ringer! haha 

unbeldi

Quote from: Bingles on July 10, 2014, 06:59:51 PM
Hi!!  I have a WE 202 that has the traditional WE subset.  The problem is that I need it NOT to ring.  I have quite a few rotary phones in my apartment and when they all ring it gets rather loud.... and since there are two phones in the living room, I wanted to disconnect the ringer on the WE 202 since it rests on the floor and would probably be the most annoying to my downstairs neighbor.

Only problem... I have no idea which color cord is for the ringer! haha

I assume you have a 684A subset. Ringer wires are usually red and black coming from the ringer coils, but they may be discolored badly. Irrespective of color, if you disconnect one of the ringer wires from the connecting terminal (L1 or K) and simply connect it to the terminal where the other ringer wire is attached (K or L1, respectively), you will get the desired result.

If in doubt, post a picture of the subset internals.

Bingles