News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

No dial tone on apartment phone.

Started by Greg G., April 01, 2010, 11:56:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg G.

Finally got around to hooking this thing up.  I'm disappointed there's no dial tone, although I hooked up the line cord the same way as my hotel phone, which is just another 553A.  I tried moving the red wire on the line cord over to the other post on L1, that didn't work either.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Phonesrfun

Are there any disconnected wires at the transmitter, the receiver, or the hookswitch?  Maybe a couple more pictures. 

The line at the connecting block looks correct.  In practice, it doesn't matter whether red and green are on one contact or the other, but the converion is that red is hooked to L1 and Green to L2/Y.

Are you planning on making the Show in Bellevue on May 15th?

-Bill G

Greg G.

Quote from: Phonesrfun on April 02, 2010, 12:29:57 AM
Are there any disconnected wires at the transmitter, the receiver, or the hookswitch?  Maybe a couple more pictures.  

The line at the connecting block looks correct.  In practice, it doesn't matter whether red and green are on one contact or the other, but the converion is that red is hooked to L1 and Green to L2/Y.

Are you planning on making the Show in Bellevue on May 15th?

I'll check the wires tomorrow.  Yes, I'll be at the Bellevue show.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

bingster

Briny, this may be a dumb question, but if your model has the key on the front, did you try it in all positions?
= DARRIN =

Phonesrfun

Check inside the transmitter cup and see that the transmitter is connected.  Also look in the receiver shell and make sure it is connected, and that the diaphragm is not missing.
-Bill G

Greg G.

Quote from: bingster on April 02, 2010, 01:56:05 PM
Briny, this may be a dumb question, but if your model has the key on the front, did you try it in all positions?

I think you're referring to the switch like on Bill's apt phone, but this one does not have that.  The box is not connected anyway.
- Mike Row
e