News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Computer annoyance eliminated.

Started by Dan/Panther, October 07, 2008, 12:29:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan/Panther

I use the hunt and peck method of typing, and I'vre gotten pretty good at it.
However I must watch the keyboard and not the monitor. How many times have you been typing along, looked up and realized you've hit the Caps Lock, and everything is Capitols.
Well I fixed that problem forever !!! I cut the end off of the caps lock button shortened it, superglued it back on, sanded it smooth , and polished it. Now I have gap between the "A" and the caps lock button. WORKS GREAT, OH darn, ALL CAPS AGAIN>>>>> ;D ;D ::)

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

McHeath

Gee that's pretty clever.  There are several things about the key layout that are goofy, that is one of them.  Of course trying to write letters from a cell phone keypad is one of those experiences that is designed for the very tolerant and patient.

Dan/Panther

I understand they nows make keyboards with the gap built in.

D/P

Mark Stevens

Quote from: McHeath on October 07, 2008, 08:24:32 PM
Gee that's pretty clever.  There are several things about the key layout that are goofy, that is one of them.  Of course trying to write letters from a cell phone keypad is one of those experiences that is designed for the very tolerant and patient.

Since you brought it up Heath, what's up with this texting thing anyway?  I've been scratching my head trying to figure out what purpose it serves, and I'm at a total loss.  How is it better than just talking to someone?  The only possible use I can see might be to update websites remotely, perhaps e-mail.  I've always been on the bleeding edge with technology, and tend to have the latest in computers, phones, TVs...whatever. But when phones with keyboards came out, well....for me they landed with a thud!  I'm clearly getting old...

Dan/Panther

Mike;
They can communicate where it is noisey, or in school where they are not suppose to.
D/P

Bill

I love it! As the age-based dylsexia sets in, combined with a good case of dystonia, I spend more time correcting my posts than actually typing them. (Hint for non-checkers - it is worth checking what you have written before you click SEND! Or at least use the EDIT button to correct the stuff you have submitted in error. Please!)

Bill

McHeath

As for texting, I read today in USA Today, so it MUST be true,  ;), that texting usage on mobile phones now exceeds actual calls.  That's been our experience, all our boys, and their homie krewe, don't bother to actually call anymore but instead text.  These text exchanges can go on for an absurdly long time, far longer than a minute or two of actual phone time would have required to hammer out the whatever.  The phone beeps and:

"Hey mom do u want me 2 bring sodas"

After 6 or 7 back and forth text messages we often will get annoyed enough to actually dial the number and have a phone conversation, about the sodas, and maybe he can bring the dessert too, and that's that. 

My standard line now is, "Remember when people used to actually call on the phone?"