News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Find of the Month - November 2018

Started by Jim Stettler, November 02, 2018, 04:41:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Find of the Month - November 2018   *** Vote for Two ***

Stormcrash's GTE FashionPlate in Espresso Brown NIB for $49.95 plus $16.95 shipping on eBay
2 (4.9%)
Fabius's Ohio Bell award bronze plaques, walnut case service award  for $14.81 plus $8.60 eBay
3 (7.3%)
skyrider's clear WE 500 dated 1973 to 1975 t $5.36 CDN ($4.07 US) Estate sale
17 (41.5%)
tubaman's Federal Telephone and Radio Corp. deskset,  £11.99 + £6.69 post.($23.85 USD) eBay
5 (12.2%)
FABphones's French walnut burr/burled brown Bakelite Secretarial Phone. Cost $28. Local
17 (41.5%)
Butch Harlow's NOS red 500 w/ black  dial and gray straight cords 7/54 $50.00 Antique store
26 (63.4%)
ramegoom's AT&T pay phone, 1991 Free pick-up in Chicago from CO       Brother
5 (12.2%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Jim Stettler

Quote from: Duffy on December 01, 2018, 04:55:31 AM
How can that be done, I see no where to remove votes?
There is now a remove vote button on the poll. Sorry about that.
Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

You're doing a great job Jim. We all have to learn at some point, next year at this time it will be old school to you. :)

Jim Stettler

And the winner is:
Butch Harlow's NOS red 500 w/ black  dial and gray straight cords 7/54 $50.00 Antique store

Congratulations Butch!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was in Blacksburg Va this weekend taking my daughter back to school after Thanksgiving and also seeing the VT/UVA commonwealth bowl, which Tech squeaked out in OT. Great game. On Saturday, we went to a few antique shops in Christiansburg. In the second stop, my daughter found this box and handed it to me. She really has a great eye for phone stuff. Inside was a NOS red 500 with a black metal dial and gray straight cords, the instructions and the unpainted dial center set. The phone has never been used. What makes it so special to me is that it was a "find in the wild" not an Ebay or other auction site win. It was priced at 50.00, which I did not debate in the least. You can read whole story here:

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=21433.0

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to everyone who voted and those for finding this months nominations.

To check out a list of all past winners including the Find of the YEAR winners, click here:  --> Winner's List <--

TelePlay has grabbed pictures of all of the "Find of the Month" winners since we started this back in 2010 and he has put them into albums on forum. Thanks John.  To check them out, click here:  --> Photo Album <--
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Butch Harlow

I would like to thank the academy of motion picture arts and sciences for this esteemed honor! When we embarked upon this mammoth project I had no idea that one day I would be standing before you today. I am truly thrilled. So many to thank for their encouragement and assistance in making this film the blockbuster it became.
I would like to thank:

Jet propulsion laboratory for their donation of government issue paper clips and staples
Heinz for the ketchup and relish
The staff at the Forest Hill Rd WaWa for teaching me that hoagiefest should be a national holiday
The Kiwanis club local 529 for the encouragement and frozen tater tots.
My Mom and Dad for not retroactively aborting me, despite advice to the contrary, mostly from my sisters.

I know I have left out plenty, but please know you're all loved and have my eternal respect.

Also, I would be remiss if I did not mention that everyday thousands of frogs and small lizards are ruthlessly murdered and turned into paste to fill cracks on airplane wings. Support your local amphibian and smallish lizard rescues today!!

***sorry, once in awhile I am downright silly. OK, OK, all the time.

Thanks everyone for your votes. This one was definitely my find of the year. I have appreciated all the info and discussion as it helps me immensely.  I was up against stiff competition this month, all of these phones are winners. Thanks Jim for running the contests and all the Mods for their continued dedication to this fine forum.

Butch Harlow
Butch Harlow

AE_Collector

Congrats Butch!

I will likely always remember finds like those where you were just in the right place at the right time! Of course I always remember the ones that I should have grabbed at the time but failed to do so. :(

Terry

tubaman

Well done Butch you deserved to win that, it's a stunning phone.
:)

Key2871

Congratulations, Butch. That is a nice set.
KEN