Main Menu

Princess Phone in a Tough Color

Started by Dave F, August 24, 2010, 11:01:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just4Phones

[look at the handset cap is it soft plastic

Good eye Kenny.  Does look like 6 holes.  Hmmmm that's odd  :-\

Dennis Markham

Nice phones here guys.  I like that black one.....and the gray one....and the Mahogany key set too!  Speaking of clear phones, JimS (Stettler) seems to be missing in action.

Dave F

Yes, the G4 handset on the black 1702 is an oldie -- from about 1956.

McHeath

Wow, these are all nice phones!  Never seen a grey Princess, or any phone in grey come to think of it.  (well not in person anyway)  And a black 10-button Princess is very impressive. 

Dan

Quote from: Just4Phones on August 26, 2010, 07:16:16 PM

Good eye Kenny.  Does look like 6 holes.  Hmmmm that's odd  :-\

I have a few phones from 1959-1960 era with six hole earcaps that I know the earcaps are HARD plastic. Anyone have these??
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

paul-f

The set on the right was especially tough to find.   ;)
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Dave F

Jim Stettler

Quote from: Just4Phones on August 26, 2010, 07:16:16 PM

Good eye Kenny.  Does look like 6 holes.  Hmmmm that's odd  :-\

I have seen hard plastic 6 hole caps. These were on a pink and a blue 500 that were early hard plastic sets.

I would expect a 10 button set to be hard w/ 7 hole caps tho.
Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Jim Stettler

Quote from: Dennis Markham on August 26, 2010, 10:49:06 PM
Nice phones here guys.  I like that black one.....and the gray one....and the Mahogany key set too!  Speaking of clear phones, JimS (Stettler) seems to be missing in action.

I am around, and read some of the postings. In the summer I take a break from the computer. I will probably be on the computer a lot more within the month.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Speaking of clear phones, Dave F. has some really nice examples of clear sets.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fred Haynes (phone collector) visited me last week so I cleared access in my phone room to show off my collection.
I will try to take some photos this weekend (before the room gets cluttered again).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Welcome to the forum Dave. I am surprised you haven't posted a photo of your blue call director yet   I still owe you some photos of some of my clear stuff.

Jim

You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

paul-f

It's not too surprising to see the earlier G4 handset.  Since sets weren't stocked with G4s, they would have been mated with whatever was in the distribution house or truck before installation or upgrade.  Hardwired G4s had been out for many years, so were probably refurbed and put back in service.

Of course, a collector/owner could have changed it at any time after it was taken out of regular service to punch up a display.  Some of us may even have done things like that on occasion.  ;) ::)

Dave F

I'm afraid I will have to confess to this one.  I put the G4 on the black 1702.  I figured that such a cool phone should have an equally cool handset.

paul-f

Quote from: Jim S. on August 27, 2010, 01:58:33 PM

In the summer I take a break from the computer. I will probably be on the computer a lot more within the month.

Jim,

Good to hear from you again.  While you were out...
   http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360290320875

(I'm sure you have several anyway!)

Dave F

Quote from: Jim S. on August 27, 2010, 01:58:33 PM
Quote from: Dennis Markham on August 26, 2010, 10:49:06 PM

I am around, and read some of the postings. In the summer I take a break from the computer. I will probably be on the computer a lot more within the month.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Speaking of clear phones, Dave F. has some really nice examples of clear sets.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fred Haynes (phone collector) visited me last week so I cleared access in my phone room to show off my collection.
I will try to take some photos this weekend (before the room gets cluttered again).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Welcome to the forum Dave. I am surprised you haven't posted a photo of your blue call director yet   I still owe you some photos of some of my clear stuff.

Jim

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your welcome.  Here's a picture of the Blue Call Director.

Paul -- By the way, you have a picture of this Call Director posted on your website, but have incorrectly listed its type.  Actually, it's a 683 which has, in addition to the headset jack, the 2/4 wire relay assembly.  Not only a rare color, but a rare type to boot!

Dave

paul-f

It's hard to get good help these days.

Dave F

If you know anybody who happens to have the BSPs for the 683, I'm still looking.