and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Hideous Telephones

Started by Stephen Furley, August 04, 2009, 05:42:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzby

Quote from: TelePlay on December 31, 2015, 10:26:10 AM
Quote from: Buzby on December 27, 2015, 09:10:49 PM
I've worked out what the trouble with tribbles is. Sometimes they decide to be phones.

That one did not sell, the same fate as this one I would guess. Fluff plus more . . .

This one, in that line of fuzzy phones, comes with a rug. I've seem a lot of these tribble-type phones but I think this is the first one I've seen with the handset and base covered with fur. It may just be me but I don't think I'd want to use that phone given the prime breeding area for who knows what between calls after even one use. And how many uses would it take to mat that handset fur down to something that would look like 70's shag carpeting in 2016?

At $50, it should come with 2 bottles of Claritin.

RARE Faith Kinght Hollywood Princess Pink Phone Design Vintage Barbie Real Fur

EDIT: I was wrong, there are many such phones with the entire handset covered in fur.

This one is just about to not sell again. Or perhaps the phones bred to produce a whole new brood.

Don't get 'em wet or feed them after midnight.

TelePlay

This may be a first for this topic, a fuzzy Trimline, or maybe not.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-White-Princess-Trim-Line-Push-Button-Phone-Bling-/262306409873

WEBellSystemChristian

It looks like a Rat if you blurr your eyes! :o
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Fabius

Groovy!
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

Phonesrfun

-Bill G

WEBellSystemChristian

Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

AE_Collector

Obviously a WesternOmatic Electric model 340......

Why do these wild paint jobs so often wind up on phones half from one manufacturer and half from another!

Terry

Contempra

wouah sickening !...hello to all. ( off-topic )yes i'm not often online. Sorry the health of my wife is the first thing i pass before internet .. ..bye to all.

AE_Collector

Oh, sorry to hear of your wife's health problems Denis. Take care of her and check in here when you have the time, we understand.

Terry

Contempra

Quote from: AE_Collector on March 06, 2016, 03:25:36 PM
Oh, sorry to hear of your wife's health problems Denis. Take care of her and check in here when you have the time, we understand.

Terry

Thank you Terry. see you soon

This one is listed on eBay.

Old-Art-Deco-Metal-Figural-Telephone-Lamp-w-Cigarette-Lighter-Clock-New-York

"This old metal art deco lamp/clock/cigarette lighter telephone is quite a decorative piece with the original accordion clover shaped metal shade. It sits nearly 18" tall with the original finial, and the phone itself is 5 1/8" wide at the front tapering to 3 3/8" on the back. The phone is 6 1/4" deep. The shade is 11" in diameter with 2" thick bands. The casting is in excellent condition with no cracks or breaks. It is marked 'The Trea-Boye Corp Brooklyn N.Y.' The speckled white paint is in very good condition with just a small bit of wear on the receiver. The cigarette lighter located in the receiver does work. The lamp does work and the cord is in good shape. However the post and socket needs tightening. Also the clock does not work. Fixable by replacing the clock. An awesome lamp combination. Ca. 1950s. Good luck!"

19and41

Mighty nice!  No telephones were harmed in the creation of that piece!
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

AL_as_needed

TWinbrook7

TelePlay

Wow, if you look up OMG in the Funk & Wagnalls dictionary, you will see a photo of this phone.

Makes me want to put together a poll for hideous phone of the year except I have a feeling we have the winner here.

I really wonder who, where and why (which might also go to answer who) would or could do something like this, and for what purpose?

19and41

If I were a hermit crab, that would be my ideal phone.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke