News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Western Electric C1 Date II 36

Started by Doug Rose, December 12, 2011, 04:12:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

I found this WE C1 Space saver this summer. Burning a few days before the end of the year and I started the refurb. Most of the paint was missing, so I stripped it off. I have seen with huge corrosion, this guy is pretty good. Brass hookswtich and a copper "Z" gooseneck. I'm gooing to replace the 6H dial. I like the clear fingerwheel, but it should a have a #4 dial on it. One of the cooler phones. I'm working on the E1.....Doug
Kidphone

LarryInMichigan

I have never seen one of those naked before.  Do you have the mounting bracket for it?  Mine is missing the bracket.

Larry

Doug Rose

Quote from: LarryInMichigan on December 12, 2011, 04:19:22 PM
I have never seen one of those naked before.  Do you have the mounting bracket for it?  Mine is missing the bracket.

Larry
Larry...I ran out of gas, the mounting bracket and the E1 are next to finish. The C1 has a completely different mounting bracket than the G1. Very cool phone....Doug
Kidphone

LarryInMichigan

QuoteLarry...I ran out of gas, the mounting bracket and the E1 are next to finish. The C1 has a completely different mounting bracket than the G1. Very cool phone....Doug

I know that the mounting bracket is different than the one for the G1 mount.  If anyone has one to spare, I would appreciate it.

Larry

ESalter

Larry-

Keep in mind if you don't have the screws that mount the bracket to the phone, those will be very difficult to find, they're 8-36 thread.  So far I have 2 C1s, 1 bracket and 0 mounting screws.  ---Eric

cihensley@aol.com

Very nice job on stripping it Doug.

Chuck

cihensley@aol.com

Eric:

If all else fails, drill and tap it for 10-24s

Chuck

dencins

Doug

From what I can see from some pictures, it looks like the screws are machine screws but I can not tell much more.  If you (or anyone else) has the specification for the screws, there is a hardware store (J A Landry) in Central Falls, RI that carries many odd size screws.  Not sure how far you are from there but if you have the specs I could check if they have them the next time I am in that area.  It is an interesting store - no computers, price list for screws are handwritten in notebooks, hand written sales slips, pay the cash register lady as you leave the store, etc. 

Dennis   

Doug Rose

Quote from: cihensley@aol.com on December 12, 2011, 07:30:03 PM
Very nice job on stripping it Doug.

Chuck
thanks Chuck....not finished yet. You take a picture and see the missed areas.....thanks...DOug
Kidphone

Doug Rose

Quote from: dencins on December 12, 2011, 08:23:31 PM
Doug

From what I can see from some pictures, it looks like the screws are machine screws but I can not tell much more.  If you (or anyone else) has the specification for the screws, there is a hardware store (J A Landry) in Central Falls, RI that carries many odd size screws.  Not sure how far you are from there but if you have the specs I could check if they have them the next time I am in that area.  It is an interesting store - no computers, price list for screws are handwritten in notebooks, hand written sales slips, pay the cash register lady as you leave the store, etc. 

Dennis   
Dennis...I have all four screws that I need....thanks...Doug
Kidphone