News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

ATTACK OF THE LAVENDER TRIMLINE!

Started by finlover, September 25, 2010, 11:43:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

finlover

Okay, so the Trimline isn't my favorite model, plus this one's touch tone and modular :P, but this phone is all about the COLOR!  According to the seller, this was one of a very limited number produced in lavender which were made available only to Bell employees.  Sounds credible to me--have YOU ever seen another one?  The color reminds me of my favorite '56 Lincoln shade, Wisteria.

finlover

Here's the car:

HarrySmith

Cool color :)
I like it ;D
I just checked Paul F's site and do not see Lavender in the color chart ???
Great find :D
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

McHeath

The label "Bell Phones" on the bottom makes me suspicious that this is a newer phone made after the Bell System breakup.  "Bell Phones" can be bought today, my local Rite Aide has them, here is the company website:

http://www.nwbphones.com/

Their early phones, late 80s and into the 90s, were pretty good imitations of the originals, even having metal base plates that looked almost like the originals.  Currently, at least the ones I've looked at at the store, they've begun to look somewhat different and they have plastic bases. 

I suspect this lavender phone was made post breakup, probably in the late 80s or early 90s.

My 2 cents. :)

finlover

Right you are, Sir!  This one is supposedly from the '80s.  I'll take the base apart and find the date.

Jim Stettler

Slow Reply:

There is a Lavender WEround button trimline.
The base and the handset was owned by 2 different collectors.  Jon Kolger bought the pieces and eventually sold the entire phone for his cost which was about $500. I considered it, but did not buy it. If you have a lavender fat mod cord I do know a collector that would probably pay well for it.
Jim

------------------------------------------

I do have a lavender like this phone, It is a modern post 1984 phone. I suspect the plastics would swap.
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

SunriseEarth

I just picked up one on eBay similar to this one, and it's on its way to me.   Sadly, it has a white handset cord instead of the matching lavender one.  I'll have to find a matching cord. 
Tony Stokes

TCI Member; ATCA Member #4893