News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Found - WANTED: Metal fingerplate parts

Started by FABphones, May 17, 2018, 05:51:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FABphones

Does anyone in the UK have for sale either of the following (for metal fingerplates, from any gpo series).

I need to replace a couple of fingerplates, but I only have the metal fingerplate itself - so need the metal front dial card holder and also the part which sits directly behind the fingerplate (and if someone could please tell me what the heck these parts are called I'd be grateful).  :-[

Thanks.
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

kleenax

Quote from: FabPhones on May 17, 2018, 05:51:19 AM
Does anyone in the UK have for sale either of the following (for metal fingerplates, from any gpo series).

I need to replace a couple of fingerplates, but I only have the metal fingerplate itself - so need the metal front dial card holder and also the part which sits directly behind the fingerplate (and if someone could please tell me what the heck these parts are called I'd be grateful).  :-[

Thanks.
I have a very good friend that lives in the north of England (Darlington) that is a telephone collector and restorer. I am certain that he would have the components that you need for your GPO dial. I will contact him today on your behalf, and get back with you.
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

kleenax

Quote from: FabPhones on May 17, 2018, 05:51:19 AM

Thanks.

Here is his website: https://www.antiquegpophones.co.uk/
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

FABphones

A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble