News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

New collecter

Started by foots, May 04, 2009, 12:00:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rp2813

Welcome, Joshua.  You'll get all the help you need and more from this crowd. 

Dennis, I was tricked by that photo too.  I thought the 202 looked like a B1 but couldn't be sure about the raised dial assembly.  Nice clean phone regardless, and the F1 handset is certainly appropriate--and I suspect ultimately the more common type--for a 202 even though not the original E1 style.

The things people did with phones.  What is up with the coiled mounting cord on that SC?  Ma Bell would be horrified.

Ralph
Ralph

Dennis Markham

Thanks for the support Ralph.  I should have noticed the recessed dial where the B1 has the raised dial.  Duh.......Sometimes we overlook the obvious.

I don't know about the coiled handset cord.  I'll bet it came with the Galion handset.  In looking at mine here in the office, a non-dial (manual) model it does have a coiled handset cord.  Mine has the number 047 on the bottom.  So I doubt the 57 (or the 047) is the year.  I'll have to investigate dates further.

foots

I just got both phones in the mail today. The WE is indeed a D1. There is also a marking a couple of inches above that that reads: 1R-III 51 so I'm guessing that is the date? I also took off the caps and checked - reciever (?) says 12-23-48 and the transmitter (?) says 12-48. This phone appears to have been well taken care of.

The SC phone - I knew the reciever wasn't correct on it and I was suspect of the coiled cords also, which my Dad also said probably aren't correct. Now, if I can get my hands on a digital camera I'll get some better pictures of these two as well as my my '59 WE500.
"Ain't Worryin' 'Bout Nothin"

bingster

Quote from: foots on May 06, 2009, 03:10:58 PM
I just got both phones in the mail today. The WE is indeed a D1. There is also a marking a couple of inches above that that reads: 1R-III 51 so I'm guessing that is the date?
That's a refurb date.  The original date is stamped inside the phone, to the right of the "R" terminal.
= DARRIN =