News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

2554+ Collection

Started by compubit, December 29, 2019, 10:34:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

compubit

I'm working on my New Year's week project - mounting my 2554 (plus a few outside that range) phones on a board, so I can hang it on the wall, like at the Phone Center Stores of days gone by...

I finally picked up a lime green 2554 (alas with a black modular handset, so it's time to hunt down a Stromberg lime green modular handset...).  Prices on these are crazy, and not seeing many of the 2554s...

I have my initial layout done (see the picture below) in a 9 & 8 layout (offset for cords to hang between phones). The plan is to wire the phones so that they can be plugged into a Panasonic KX-TA 624 (16 lines) or ATAs, if desired, for demonstration purposes.  I also plan to label it like it were an in-store Display. (A couple of phones are being refurbed, plus I need to find my ivory somewhere in the basement...

Right now my layout is (WE unless noted):
First Row: Cherry Red - Orange (SC) - Harvest Gold (ITT) - Yellow Maize (AT&T Signature) - Pastel Yellow - Moss Green - Lime Green (SC) - Aqua Blue - Teal Blue
Second Row: [blank] - Black - White - Ivory - Light Beige - Mocha Brown - Cocoa Brown (SC) - [blank]

This gives me room to grow 2 more on this board.

Known colors:
Pink
Light Gray
Turquoise
Burgundy (AT&T Signature)
Almond (AT&T Signature)
Bright Red (ITT/Cortelco)
Slate Gray (Cortelco)
Ash (ITT/Cortelco)
Bright Blue (Cortelco)

Any other colors out there y'all can think of?

Jim
A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!

compubit

If I can get my hands on a burgundy AT&T Signature 2554, I'll probably move them to the bottom row, especially if I pick up a pink, bright red, or bright blue for the top row...
A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!

compubit

I plan on painting the wood a neutral color (close to the color of the 551 KSU boxes), so that you can see all of the colors.  I was thinking of white or gray, but want something not a color of a phone...

likewow

Hi! I love seeing all your phones! I can add two to your great list of colors. There is a light green/seafoam made by ITT. And there's a teaberry from AT&T.

RB

You have some nice colours there. Once you get the backboard painted post a picture of it.

Jim Stettler

I think Vern P> may have a clear one.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

compubit

One of these days...

I have the modular mounting plates - just need the time (deemed "essential", so I put in my extra time at work...)

J

mazda_matt

I have an Aqua blue shell if you're interested. Make me an offer!
oldphoneworks.com
1-800-843-1320

Coupon Code - CRF10 (10% off)

likewow

I wish I had known about this before it was discontinued!