News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Automatic Electric Type 2

Started by wds, October 06, 2015, 05:38:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wds

I picked up this phone this week, should have it next week.  It appears to be in great shape, except that it's missing the network and ringer.  Does anyone have a picture of what the insides should look like?  I would like to restore this, but I'm not sure what parts I need.  Would the guts of a AE subset work in this phone?
Dave

unbeldi

I guess that would depend on the type of handset that comes with it.
It could be a Type 12 Monophone if the handset is an induction coil type.
Other than that, the components would be the same as for the No 1 subscriber set, 7007 ?
The part numbers are listed in the catalogs.

Jack Ryan

Be patient. Two AE 2 bases have appeared on eBay in the last couple of months.

It displays OK as it is so just leave it on the display as you accumulate parts.

Sorry, I don't have a good selection of pictures.

The AE 21 subset probably uses the same parts.

Jack

wds

Thanks for the pictures - that's what I was looking for.  I would have thought that all the parts would have been mounted on the base plate - I'm surprised to see those heavy parts mounted on that bakelite shell.
Dave

unbeldi

Quote from: Jack Ryan on October 06, 2015, 06:46:38 PM
Be patient. Two AE 2 bases have appeared on eBay in the last couple of months.

It displays OK as it is so just leave it on the display as you accumulate parts.

Sorry, I don't have a good selection of pictures.

The AE 21 subset probably uses the same parts.

Jack

I believe the AE 21 subset was only for the  sidetone booster circuit of the No. 21 desk stand.

Jack Ryan

Quote from: unbeldi on October 06, 2015, 07:00:57 PM
I believe the AE 21 subset was only for the  sidetone booster circuit of the No. 21 desk stand.

I don't think it would matter if one used a sidetone Bell, capacitor or terminal block ;-)

The IC would need to come from elsewhere. I should check my pile of subsets - one or more might be a 7006.

Jack

Jack Ryan

Can anyone tell me what an AE 7006 subset looks like - does it use the same enclosure as the Type 21 Subset?

Thanks
Jack