"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Screen Too Wide, Can't Reply - IE & Firefox

Started by Perry, November 07, 2008, 02:34:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phonesrfun

Update on Compatability view:

According to the help in IE 8, the icon for compatability view will only appear on web pages that are in need of it.  By toggling the compatability view, it turns on the compatability view and adds the domain name to a list of websites that need it.  Once you click on it, then if you go to Tools and open the compatability view settings, it will display a list of those websites you have selected to view in the compatability view mode.

I have no idea what this is all about, but it does seem to help with the one problem I was having, and it explains why my computer at work which is IE 7 does not have that problem.

Leave it to Microsoft to develop something that needs a compatability patch!

-Bill Geurts
-Bill G

Bill Cahill

Thanks for the tip. I tried the compatibility mode. It helped slightly. Then, I knocked down the internet page size. It also helped slightly.
Then, I knocked down zoomtext size. That helped slightly.Now, I can barely read it.....  :(
Computers... You gotta love 'em......
N-----O----T-----!!!!!!!!
Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

Phonesrfun

-Bill G

Bill Cahill

Just did another adjustment on internet size to 85 percent. Made it more readable, but, now, my zoomtext is giving me fits.
Oh, well.
Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

Phonesrfun

-Bill G

Bill Cahill

Zoomtext is a program I purchased created by AI Square. This program makes it possible for totally blind, or, such as in my case, people with poor vision to use computers. It really is a very good program, and, I have been keeping it updated with the ommpany that made it.
Bill Cahill

Phonesrfun

I know a totally blind guy in Vancouver, WA that uses a text to speech program on his computer.  He is an accomplished pianist, and tunes pianos part time.  He is also a ham radio operator, and teaches at a school for the blind for a living.  Nothing stops this guy.  The one thing he complains about is when he steps in dog poop once in a while.  One night I gave him a ride to a ham radio club meeting, and he was giving me directions from the back seat, and knew exactly where we were at all times.
-Bill G

Dennis Markham

That is interesting information about I.E.8.  Maybe that will help.  I do have I.E. on my computer but use Mozilla Firefox.  As with some others, I have not experienced this problem.  I hope the adjustment works for you guys.  Thanks for the heads up on that.

Bill Cahill

Well, it helps, but, I have still got one problem I didn't have before. Apparently, the newer software for zoomtext is having some problems with the software for this program. I'm not having the problem with other updated sites such as my own, or, Alan's ARF, or, video Karma.
Do you have the capability of downloading updating software for this site?
If so, it might help alot of tthe entire problem.
Right now, with Zoomtext on, when I post my cursor dissappears, and, moving around is very jumpy. It doesn't stop me from being able to post, but, I'm fairly certain that updating the software for this site might eliminate alot of minor glitches such as this.
Otherwiise, I found that reducing my internet size from 100 percent to 85 percent has also helped some. Looks Like I E 8 has done some things right.
Bill Cahill

Dennis Markham

Bill, I have updated the software for the site.  It's the latest and greatest.  Sorry you're still having problems.

Bill Cahill

OH, well. Hmm. Now, my computer's locking up.
Shoot. Time to call the company on Monday.
Must be my Zoomtext.
Bill Cahill

bwanna

good luck with all that, bill. :)  did you ask mike & diamond if they could help ;)
donna