News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

The Automatic Electric Model 47 - My Newest Clear Creation!

Started by kleenax, June 06, 2018, 09:05:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kleenax

Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

Key2871

Stunning, absolutely stunning!
That color is.... Wow, beautiful.
Clear is, well clear. But that green is gorgeous.
I love the bright nickel chrome, and that finger wheel it's amazing. You even polished the bells on the ringer, nice.
You have out done yourself.
KEN

kleenax

Quote from: Key2871 on June 06, 2018, 09:26:35 PM
Stunning, absolutely stunning!
That color is.... Wow, beautiful.
Clear is, well clear. But that that green is gorgeous.
I love the bright nickel chrome, and that finger wheel it's amazing. You even polished the bells on the ringer, nice.
You have out done yourself.
Way back, I bought some clear ITT plastics, in clear, I also polished the bells, and it just set it off. I'm glad you did it to that classic as well.
I've never been a fan of AE stuff, but that is truly art.
Many thanks sir ;-)

It has been a labor of love (and sweat) like I have never experienced, that's for sure!
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

Key2871

Hard work, always produces art. I can't imagine what it took to make just the mold for that. Then to cast it and have it come out so flawless, nothing short of hard work and great effort.
KEN

compubit

All I can say is "Wow!"

Looks amazing.  That will look great wherever it ends up.

Jim
A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!

FABphones

What a lot of work you put into these. A real talent.
Lovely colour, gorgeous phone. A work of art.
As you know, I'm no fan of clear phones but your creations are something else - love this one!
A big thumbs up.

...so what's the next project?  :)
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

RB

I am still gettin used to clear phones...
This one is stunning.
very nice.

Doug Rose

Kidphone

HarrySmith

Absolutely gorgeous Ray!
The only thing I would suggest is a different dial card, the red detracts from the phone in my opinion.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

oldguy

Of all the words used, I'm going to have to agree with Stunning as the best description. Great job Ray.
Gary

wds

I got to see the phone is person, and it truly a work of art.  Beautiful.
Dave

rdelius

Coca-Cola  called that glass shade "Georgia green".I see you made  the plungers the same but on type 47 (and 87 also) the plungers were a different color.One would hang up both lines, the other would hang up the line that was in use.What a  pain to rewire. Good work

compubit

Getting to see the real thing in Lancaster was cool. Up close, it's even more amazing.

Jim
A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!