HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

TelePlay

Here's the 3% "no crowding" gap spreadsheet for this contest with 20 guesses.

Available guesses or guess ranges are shown in GREEN within the small upper right black bordered box.

( click on the table to enlarge the image )

Partyline4

$75

I think the problem is that everyone knows he got these for next to nothing....

Flooding the market with scarce collectible phones was kind of an odd move.

That Rose 302 only went for $100!

COME ON!

TelePlay

FINALLY, some movement in this auction! Big question, how much up side will we see when this auction ends tomorrow morning.

03-07-15      Listed      $        25.00
03-08-15      2 bids      $        32.99
03-09-15      3 bids      $        45.44
03-10-15      3 bids      $        45.44
03-11-15      3 bids      $        45.44
03-12-15      3 bids      $        45.44
03-13-15      3 bids      $        45.44
03-14-15      6 bids      $        78.00

unbeldi

Quote from: Partyline4 on March 12, 2015, 11:14:36 PM
$75

I think the problem is that everyone knows he got these for next to nothing....

Flooding the market with scarce collectible phones was kind of an odd move.

That Rose 302 only went for $100!

COME ON!

I think it was not an unfair price.  I have bought one in better condition for 110, and another about equal for less.  This color is punished more than the others for cracks.

TelePlay

And the winner of Auction Contest #166 is mark9564 who with the 16th entry into the contest offered the winning guess of $100.00 giving him his very first auction contest win. So, a big congratulations go out to mark9564 for getting his first win in the CRPF Auction Contests and taking a place on the Contest Standings board.

Only place to go but up and validation of twocvbloke's adage, you have to play to win.

The phone was won by h***m ( 1095 ) with his one and only bid placed just seconds before the auction ended to take the phone home for $88.88. The phone started slow and then stayed at $45 through most of the auction. It was about 24 hours to go, it jumped to $78 and stayed there until the last second snipe. The auction saw 7 buyers placing 7 bids.

Check out the updated Contest Standings to see who's who through 166 contests and the latest additions to the CRPF Hall of Fame

Thanks again to all who played. As always, there is only one way to get on the winner's board or move up a rung - you have to play to win.

WesternElectricBen

Congratulations Mark! I think it is very cool that you could guess the selling price of your own phone.

Ben

Dennis Markham

I'm surprised by that sale price.  Someone got a nice phone for a great price.    The cords alone are worth nearly the selling price.....but not today.  There could be some eBay psychology behind the transaction(s).  I don't think Saturday is the best day to end an auction.  But with sniper programs out there perhaps that doesn't matter.  In my experience Saturday is the day to get some good deals.

~Dennis

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: Dennis Markham on March 14, 2015, 02:47:28 PM
I'm surprised by that sale price.  Someone got a nice phone for a great price.    The cords alone are worth nearly the selling price.....but not today.  There could be some eBay psychology behind the transaction(s).  I don't think Saturday is the best day to end an auction.  But with sniper programs out there perhaps that doesn't matter.  In my experience Saturday is the day to get some good deals.

~Dennis

That is true especially in the summer, Dennis. Although, I find that during the winter Saturday is the best day. Being that many people are off work and are have noting else to do inside the house.

Ben