News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

double check my work... 202 with a 634A

Started by happy hooligan, February 15, 2009, 08:38:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

happy hooligan

I just wanted to have some experts go over my crude wiring...

I have an 202 with a new to me 634A subset.

I get tone and it rings.

it doesn't have the right dialer so and it's not hooked up so I can't dial but if anyone know how to do that I'd appreciate it.

Also please check my wiring...

thanks!

check out Blog  www.poohbang.com Vintage Gear For Guys

bingster

The wiring inside the telephone's base appears to be spot on.  The subset's wiring is difficult to tell, but if you make sure the following conductors are connected as listed, you should be fine:

Mounting Cord from phone base:
Red to "R" on coil
Green to "GN" on coil
Yellow to "L2Y" on coil

Ringer wires:
Black to "BK" on terminal board
Red (often looks brown) to "L1" on coil

We're going to assume the condenser's conductors are corrected properly for now, because it's so difficult to tell them apart due to their aging.  Also, some terminals may not be in the places I've mentioned.  Sometimes they're on the coil, other times they're on the terminal board.  Makes no difference, just be sure they're on the proper terminal wherever it is.

If the above are correct, hook the incoming line up (Red to "L2Y" and Green to "L1" and give it a try!
= DARRIN =

Steve K

It looks like you are using an anti-sidetone circuit so to use an AE dial that you have, connect as follows:
Starting with the top left dial terminal (as looking at your picture) run a jumper from this terminal to BK on the hookswitch (disconnect the wire that is there now).

Second dial terminal from the left (the one strapped to the third screw) connect the black wires from the handset and the subset cord to this.

Forth dial terminal from the left, connect the red handset and red subset wires to this. 

Last dial terminal, run a jumper from this to the hookswitch W terminal (which has the white handset wire on it.

This should work, I have done this before but it has been a while!

Steve

happy hooligan

thank you for the advice...  I'll rewire the dialer this week and keep my fingers crossed!
check out Blog  www.poohbang.com Vintage Gear For Guys