News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Your House - Pictures

Started by Netdewt, March 16, 2010, 03:22:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AET

Love that  Colony Park, would love to have one.  5 Liter Fuel Injection?
- Tom

McHeath

QuoteNeo-eclectic is a.k.a. McMansion, yes?

Not really.  It's just a modern house that borrows a historical style, usually not something like a ranch or cape cod.  Plenty of McMansions are neo-eclectic but in my area it's the dominant style and has been for a few decades now.  Most homes built here are small, 1200 and 1300 square feet is very common, and 2500 is a large house.  But they will try to look more grand and ornate with the historical details.  This house is a good example of a neo-eclectic, it's about 2500 square feet, has historical details from all over the place, is really busy, and the neighborhoods around here are filled with homes like this.

McHeath

Here's my house.  It's a 1966 ranch house style on a 1/2 acre lot.  When it was built it was out in the country and there is a water well and septic tank in the backyard, but we are deep in the city now and on city services.  Above ground construction, but no basement as is usual for California, stucco walls and wood shake roof.

Also included is a pic of the kitchen.

JorgeAmely

Nice wood floors Mc Heath, and the Oxford Gray 554 hanging on the wall looks very attractive.
Jorge

Dennis Markham

All of the homes posted so far are very nice.  McHeath I really like your home and lawn.  Do you have a large mower?  How long does it take you to cut the grass?  I really like the style of the house.

AET

Long story.  so the house sits on 35 acres with a 5 acre pond.  Originally when we bought it, it was 60 acres, but we've been dividing it into lots and building a sub-division, called April Meadows, after my mother, April.  Well, this house we live in was built as an 'executive' home as an example of what would be the cream of the crop in the sub-division. 

My folks aren't much into cookie-cutter houses, so the house is wood-sided and has a rustic feel, very "us" I guess you would say.  But still has all the amenities.  4 bedrooms, 3 baths, whirlpool tub and television in master bath, large basement/gym, exposed lower level.  Very well layed out open floorplan.  It's a great house.  Not my taste but it's really beautiful.

So, the house has been on and off the market for awhile, and we just lowered the price to 499,900 to move it quick, and with that you get all 35 acres, which is divided and pre-approved for sub-division, and perked for well and septic, and approved for a road to go through if you so desire. 

Dad's decided to get out of the real-estate game, which he's been in on small scale from 91-2005, and then heavy into with this sub-division since.  He's going back into the gun business with Dixie LEW (Law Enforcement Warehouse) named after my sister, Dixie.  We will handle guns, ammo, police supplies, tactical gear, clothing, etc.  And also are looking into the possibility of a Microbrewery later on.  We're kinda like horse crap, all over the place.

Quote from: JorgeAmely on March 17, 2010, 11:15:41 AM
Very nice Tom. You guys are selling it? Why?
- Tom

Netdewt

Quote from: McHeath on March 17, 2010, 11:46:30 PM
Here's my house.  It's a 1966 ranch house style on a 1/2 acre lot.  When it was built it was out in the country and there is a water well and septic tank in the backyard, but we are deep in the city now and on city services.  Above ground construction, but no basement as is usual for California, stucco walls and wood shake roof.

Also included is a pic of the kitchen.

I like this. I'm usually not a ranch fan, but this has some nice shape to it. Are the cabinets original?

We have a basement and our attic is finished with a dormer in back, so our little 800 sf footprint house has 1800 sf.

JorgeAmely

Tom:

How much are the property taxes in your neck of the woods?

Jorge

jsowers

Quote from: AtomicEraTom on March 17, 2010, 02:02:30 PM
Love that  Colony Park, would love to have one.  5 Liter Fuel Injection?

Yes, and the trailer towing package, which means the engine has a bit more horsepower. It always has had plenty of oomph. It has a leather interior except for the driver's seat, that I had custom recovered in matching vinyl because the leather was sky high. It also has a 10-disc JVC AM-FM-CD changer I installed when the OEM AM Stereo-FM Stereo radio quit. Automatic level control that still works. Cigarette lighters in the rear seat ashtrays that have never been used (those were the days). And an airbag (it was the first year for those).

It has its problems, mainly a short that I can't find that drains the battery and none of the power windows work like they're supposed to. The AC needs a recharge. It's an old car. Tom, I wish you lived closer to NC and could just come and get it. I'd let you have it for almost nothing since it would go to someone who would appreciate it. Tom, if you are interested even though it's far away, send me a PM.

This is actually on topic, in case anyone cares, because I use the car for storing telephones! :) It's become part of my house. I have several awaiting refinishing stored in boxes in the back of the car. Below is how she looked in 2007 after a wash. The woodgrain has deteriorated a bit on the left side since then. It's painted alabaster with a light sandalwood leather interior. These wagons are fairly rare. I ordered mine new from Crescent Lincoln-Mercury in 1990 and it's the only new car I've ever owned. They stopped making them in 1991 and the 91s are even rarer. I've only seen one other one painted the same color--on a used car lot several years ago. I went back and asked and it was already sold.
Jonathan

AET

According to the listing, ours is 4,800 on the house and land.

Also, what's your 20 on the wagon?  It's a beaut and I'm assuming that it's the fuel-injected 5.0 motor in it?
Quote from: JorgeAmely on March 18, 2010, 11:35:09 AM
Tom:

How much are the property taxes in your neck of the woods?

- Tom

jsowers

Quote from: AtomicEraTom on March 18, 2010, 02:21:39 PM
Also, what's your 20 on the wagon?  It's a beaut and I'm assuming that it's the fuel-injected 5.0 motor in it?

My 20? Tom, are you asking how much I'm asking for it? I've heard of watching my six, but I don't know what my 20 is.  :) I'm not hip to the jive. I drive station wagons and collect phones made in the 1950s, what can I say? Yes, it has the 5.0 liter fuel-injected V8, a 302 to old guys like me. Sorry, I didn't make that clear in my first reply. I do know that 20 is not the miles per gallon you get with this car. More like 16-18. However, 20 is exactly the number of years old it is. I bought it March 1, 1990.
Jonathan

Kenny C

six years and 18 days later I was born
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Dennis Markham

Jonathan, I think he means what is the location of the car.  That's old fashioned ten-code radio talk.  It used to be CB talk but also in the police world, 10-20 translates to "What is your location"?........Good buddy.

jsowers

Ah, my 10-20. Thank you, good buddy. I'm in Lexington, NC in the middle of North Carolina. Off I-85. I think that's quite a stone's throw from Tom. I don't think the old girl could make it to Wisconsin, or wherever Tom is, on her own. I have to get it inspected this weekend and I'll consider myself lucky if she makes it to and from the service station.  ;)
Jonathan

Jim Stettler

Quote from: AtomicEraTom on March 18, 2010, 05:33:17 AM
  And also are looking into the possibility of a Microbrewery later on.  We're kinda like horse crap, all over the place.

I am a big fan and micro-brews. I like my Amber Ales and IPA's.
My current favorite Brewery is http://bristolbrewing.com/

My favorite is "Il Vicino Wet mountain IPA" (brewed for Il Vicino restruants). They also have a very nice Compass IPA and Red Rocket Amber.
I don't make it to the brewery often. When I do I grab a "Growler" to go.

To keep this phone related, I should mention they have an old phonebooth in the tasting room.

Jim

You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.