and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Who wants to be on C*NET?

Started by bellsystemproperty, April 02, 2010, 08:41:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JorgeAmely

Quote from: bellsystemproperty on July 18, 2010, 11:36:39 PM
GPO, that's great.
Briny, did he accept the offer? The RTP300 does the same thing, and the router function doesn't have to be used if you already have one. I just posted it because it was cheap.
Here's a funny recording I made by blending some of the files the Asterisk switch comes with by default.
Dial 794-4745. To access this in the meantime until you get an ATA just use one of the portals like the 800-953-4065 one.

This is a list of the files the switch came with.
http://www.nathanpralle.com/software/ast_masterlist.html

Kyle:
It looks like you need a TT phone to try the procedure above.
Jorge

bellsystemproperty

Not necessarily, because Panasonics convert the pulse dialling to touch-tone automatically. You just don't hear the tones because the Panasonic suppresses them.
C*NET # 794-5953 (KYLE)

Phonesrfun

I have been out of town all week end.  Looks like I missed a lot of this thread.
-Bill G

Greg G.

Quote from: bellsystemproperty on July 18, 2010, 11:36:39 PM
Briny, did he accept the offer? The RTP300 does the same thing, and the router function doesn't have to be used if you already have one. I just posted it because it was cheap.

No.  In fact, he counter-offered with an insulting $28.00, a whopping 95 cents off.  I don't have time for that kind of nonsense, I just did a BIN on the one with the router.  I'll let you know when it gets here.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

JorgeAmely

Quote from: bellsystemproperty on July 19, 2010, 12:08:00 AM
Not necessarily, because Panasonics convert the pulse dialling to touch-tone automatically. You just don't hear the tones because the Panasonic suppresses them.

I will try that tonite. I have been dialing direct so far.
Jorge

bellsystemproperty

I made a website for C*NET and info. Here is my website at www.penguintel.com. It's not perfect yet, but it's still good. (it is still a working progress)
C*NET # 794-5953 (KYLE)

Phonesrfun

Good job, Kyle:

You have come a long, long way since you first came here.  You have certainly passed me up in the voIP department!

-Bill G

bellsystemproperty

Oh the website is down again. Whenever it goes down it reverts to this annoying ad website.  :( I'm not liking the host the site is on (orgfree.com), I will need to go to someone like 1and1.
Also, I won't be back until tomorrow if anyone called me.
C*NET # 794-5953 (KYLE)

bellsystemproperty

My website will be down, probably for at least a day or two, because I am switching to a more reliable host.

Anyone that wants to can still join my C*NET 794 exchange and be on C*NET.
C*NET # 794-5953 (KYLE)

DavePEI

Hi All:

Expect to find the Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island on C*NET this weekend on the 651 series of office codes.

At first it will only go to the Panasonic 616. and one of its extensions with a phone and 40 minute answering machine, but that will expand to other switches in the museum as I have time.

I have a Linux/Asterisk server arriving tomorrow a.m. in the mail - a nice little Atom ITX system, mostly pre-configured and with two each FXS and FXO ports. The office codes are activated, the dyndns address is set up,  Port forwarding is set up, and hopefully now it will be just a matter of booting up the machine and setting up inbound routes to extensions.

I want to thank Dean Clark and Chad Perkins for their help and generosity which have fast tracked this. I also have two ATAs on the way which will probably be used in this house, and in the summer, a CISCO 2650XM router for the system will be arriving.

The C*NET number which should be active this weekend will be 1-651-0001 assuming I can figure out how to set the inbound route to it.

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

DavePEI

I see for sure I will have my C*NET on this weekend - I just checked my Canada Post scans and not only is the asterisk server coming this morning, but also two Motorola VT1000 ATAs are being delivered. Either way, I should be able to get the museum on C*Net right away if all is set up as I believe it will be.

All are supposed to be configured for easy set-up - we will see when they come. The main thing I need to do when they come is set up the incoming lines - the server should be ready for outgoing calls...

Can't wait till the mail actually arrives!

Trouble is, when it comes I will have to leave to pick up my wife in Hospital - she has been in with pneumonia for several days, and was discharged this morning. Try to explain to a wife that she has to wait until your parcels have been delivered before she can come home  :-[

<G> It has been nice and quiet for the past few days!

Dave
C*NET 1-651-0001

DavePEI

Ok, all is a go now, and several calls have come in tonight., including a couple from Maine, and one from Germany,

The number set up for now is 1-651-0001 and that goes to an announcement/messaging machine.

The asterisk server seems to be working well!

Dave
C*NET 1-651-0001

AE_Collector

All sounds pretty easy to accomplish Dave! That gives me hope to get some equipment onto the C*Net one day as well.

Terry

DavePEI

Quote from: AE_collector on May 05, 2012, 06:17:34 AM
All sounds pretty easy to accomplish Dave! That gives me hope to get some equipment onto the C*Net one day as well.

Terry

Hi Terry:

I think the easiest way is to use an ATA - I am using a server, and that complicates matters, but is more powerful... I am running across one problem right now which hopefully we will get solved this morning. We had the problem yesterday, and got rid of it, but it returned after a few calls last night.

When one tries to call out, there is a very long wait, it times out than you get a "All circuits are busy now, please call again" message. This is only on calls originating from the system. Calls from outside are 100% perfect - there were over 20 calls overnight to the voice-mail. If I pick up during any of those calls, I can talk to them with no problem...

So, we need to get that little problem solved. I probably messed up the configuration at some point.  

It is a neat little server, an ATOM ITX based machine - very small footprint with its programming on a semiconductor hard drive. No conventional hard drive or CD-Rom The only extra thing in the computer is an Asian made FXS/FXO board. Normally no keyboard or monitor needs to be plugged in, but now as I play with it, I am using a monitor plugged in so I can keep an eye on it....

An Atom can be made a lot smaller, but this one has 2 empty bays for CD Rom or hard drives.

Having fun playing. Last night there were calls from all over North America, one from Germany, and among the callers were Chuck Richards and Chad Perkins.

Photo below shows server with answering machine sitting on top.

Dave
C*NET 1-651-0001

DavePEI

After  a frustrating day, we finally have the dial-out problem solved. Normally getting the dialing in more difficult, but in this case, we had the inward dialing set up, then outward dialing stopped...

We finally tracked it down this evening to a setting in the firewall which wasn't "sticking" - after we reset it, it would work for a few calls, then revert to its previous setting, blocking outward dialing.

Thanks to Dean Clark who build the machine and who helped with the set-up, and to my son Jeffery who finally discovered the cause. It is nice to have great IT support!

In the past 24 hours, there have been a large number of calls into the system, the furthest so far from Germany,

The system is attached currently to a messaging system through the Panasonic 616.

C*NET number is 1-613-0001

C*NET RULES!

Dave
C*NET 1-651-0001