and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Who wants to be on C*NET?

Started by bellsystemproperty, April 02, 2010, 08:41:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bellsystemproperty

Quote from: Brinybay on July 17, 2010, 07:38:23 PM
Quote from: bellsystemproperty on July 17, 2010, 02:33:23 PM
All you have to do is to plug the ATA in the second line port, which is after the Xlink. If you want to make a standard call over your cell, you'd just dial 9 as you normally would. If you want to dial onto C*NET, you'd just dial 8 then 2. That tells the Panasonic which line you want to call over. The best thing is, you don't have to worry about pulse dialing support because your Panasonic automatically converts the rotary to tone.

But I still need to get an ATA.  Are ATA's all the same?  A quick look on ebay, I see a wide range or prices, from $12.95 for a used one up to over $200, average is around $50.  Frankly, I'm not going to pay $50 for one.  How would I tell if an incoming call is from somebody on CNET or a regular call?

I found one for $29 with free shipping. Any ATA will work as long as it is unlocked and supports SIP protocol. (all of them do). The Linksys one I posted will work fine.

http://tinyurl.com/248e8yt The ATA, a Linksys

http://tinyurl.com/2uw3tke This one is $14 + $8 shipping, but I have not heard of that brand and could not find that much info online.
C*NET # 794-5953 (KYLE)

bellsystemproperty

I found another good deal here. $22.80 with free shipping, seller has good feedback. Plus this one has a router you can use if you don't already have one.

http://tinyurl.com/3429ygv
C*NET # 794-5953 (KYLE)

Greg G.

Does used necessarily mean it's unlocked, or should I check with the seller first?  I found one for $12.95, but it doesn't say if it's unlocked:

http://tinyurl.com/29xcxud
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

bellsystemproperty

That's for a Meridian phone system, and would not work for our purposes. The one I posted above will work for sure as it is the standard SIP protocal. If it is used that does not necessarily mean it is unlocked, and if one is unlocked then you can be sure the seller will want to advertise it is unlocked in large capital letters.
C*NET # 794-5953 (KYLE)

Greg G.

I made an offer on the first one (don't need a router) of $20.95, see if he'll take it.

Not really sure what I'll use CNET for, other than talking to collectors, but what the hell, there's no monthly fee or LD charges, just a one-time purchase of $20-$30 for the ATA, may as well join the club and add it to my collection of cool toys.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

bellsystemproperty

What's also cool is that for people who have an iPhone or an Android phone (not me) they can also use it for C*NET, but do not expect as good of quality. For iPhone you will need to use iSip and for Android Sipdroid. The settings to input are the same as the other methods.
C*NET # 794-5953 (KYLE)

Greg G.

Quote from: bellsystemproperty on July 18, 2010, 01:08:01 AM
What's also cool is that for people who have an iPhone or an Android phone (not me) they can also use it for C*NET, but do not expect as good of quality. For iPhone you will need to use iSip and for Android Sipdroid. The settings to input are the same as the other methods.

That's a lot of "oids".   ;)
- Mike Row
e

gpo706

So, if I got an ATA and plugged it into my Pana 616 its like a second line to the CNET right?

So I could designate whatever phones through programming the PBX into making it a CO line 2?
"now this should take five minutes, where's me screwdriver went now..?"

gpo706

Righty, found that "Linksys RTP300 BROADBAND Router VOIP 2 phone" on the bay same seller - refurbed.

So if I spend my last £20 on it, do I plug into my Pana 616 through a RJ11 to BT PSTN and thats my C-NET link on CO line 2?

I'm a bit intolerant when it comes to computer thingys.

I've also registered for C-NET so waiting for the email.

(I know how work email)!

bellsystemproperty

You would use the ATA and plug it in to line 2 on the 616. Are you making your own C*NET server? I could give you a C*NET number, but then you would have a US number.
C*NET # 794-5953 (KYLE)

gpo706

I have a guy called Ian Jolly email me, and he trys to explain, but basically I should  get a Linksys SPA3000 which lets you have an STD code plug a block of numbers - effectively 'Direct Dialling In' where each of your extensions would have its own outside number/ This is not like DISA where you have a single number on one of your incoming trunks - your PBX then answers the call and gives dialling tone and the caller then dials further digits.

So I could assign CO1 as my landline and get another 2 CNET lines?

gpo706

Feck it.

Just bought the  Linksys SPA3000, which according to Mr. Ian gives me a CO1 and two other assigned CO lines.

I'm sure I'll be amazed with the results when I figure out how to wire it up etc!

bellsystemproperty

It's not very difficult to connect. Are you using it to connect to his C*NET switch?
C*NET # 794-5953 (KYLE)

gpo706

Yes, sent Ian Jolly my landlne number and we were on the phone for about 2 hours, so its through his server.

Once I get the hardware, he's gonna talk me through it.

BTW he had never heard of this forum!

bellsystemproperty

GPO, that's great.
Briny, did he accept the offer? The RTP300 does the same thing, and the router function doesn't have to be used if you already have one. I just posted it because it was cheap.
Here's a funny recording I made by blending some of the files the Asterisk switch comes with by default.
Dial 794-4745. To access this in the meantime until you get an ATA just use one of the portals like the 800-953-4065 one.

This is a list of the files the switch came with.
http://www.nathanpralle.com/software/ast_masterlist.html
C*NET # 794-5953 (KYLE)