News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Panasonic KX-T30810 station to station (Problem Solved!)

Started by Dave Beck, February 20, 2014, 11:33:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavePEI

Quote from: Brinybay on February 20, 2014, 11:05:55 PM

I may be way off base, but give it a try. If not, I apologize for piping up  :)

Dave

Yea, the rreason I thought that was that in his initial message, Dave Beck said, "My main phone is on 1 and after reading all the directions, it says to dial a 1 plus station number. So if I want station 8 I should dial 18. When I do this the is a pause then busy signal. "

So, if that was correct, then the dialing would be as I said.

Then, I looked up the manuals! :)

Yes, it sounds as though he has a brain dead system, sadly. Wish I could find another for a good price. I could use a second in the museum, but with the prices I have seen, plus shipping here, they are out of my price range. I do have one 61610 which I use in the museum's demo room..

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

Dave Beck

The problem is solved. I contacted the seller and he said he sent the wrong unit, but that it did work well, NOW the secret fix is it takes a 3 digit number like extension 4 I need to dial a 104 etc. I tried and it works great....problem solved!!!!!!
Thanks everyone for their input on this one.
Dave

poplar1

So dialing 10 through 18 is treated the same as not dialing anything: a pause, then "timeout" resulting in a busy tone.

I would really like to know how the seller  changed the default extension numbers--11 through 18---to 101 through 108. I didn't think that was possible with the programming for the Panasonic 308/30310 or 616/61610.

In some systems this is possible, usually called something like flexible station numbering. One reason for doing this is so that the extension number matches the room number in a motel.

Davepei was on the right track when he suggested dialing 1xx, but in this case, you add 90 rather than 100 to get the new number. (11+90=101  11+100=111).

It's great you are dealing with a seller who backs it up rather than just saying "it powers on."

Quote from: Dave Beck on February 21, 2014, 08:45:22 AM
The problem is solved. I contacted the seller and he said he sent the wrong unit, but that it did work well, NOW the secret fix is it takes a 3 digit number like extension 4 I need to dial a 104 etc. I tried and it works great....problem solved!!!!!!
Dave
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

G-Man

Are you sure that it is a model KX-T30810?    The station numbering plan seems to indicate a KX-TA624 or KX-TA824 which are much newer models and have many additional features.    If so it is no wonder you could not locate the removable battery, etc.    Can you provide a photo?

Dave Beck

I just checked the model number...should have done that a little earlier huh???? It is a KX-TA624, so looks like I made out on this one. As long as it works I am happy. Glad the seller helped me out.
Dave

G-Man

Too bad you did not check earlier since the model number is emblazoned clearly in two places.      It would have spared you a great deal of grief. Another reason that a photo would have helped from the start.      But it is always nice to have a happy ending!

DavePEI

Quote from: Dave Beck on February 21, 2014, 08:45:22 AM
Dave

Hooray! So happy for you!

Dave H.
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

dsk

Congratulations! I really hope you can afford this, because now you may expand to bigger PABX capacity, and the you need more telephones and then you need a bigger house .... ;)

dsk

twocvbloke

Good to hear the problem was solved, even if it was only a seller error issue... ;D

Still, the 624 is a bigger system, so as has been said, you have much more capacity for many more phones, it's the beginning of phonitis... ;D