News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Remington and Oliver typewriters

Started by Mike C, April 05, 2014, 07:18:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike C

Among all the antique stuff we collect, I like to collect old gramophones and mission clocks but have never got any typewriters before. Today we found these two and hopefully they don't become another collecting addiction as we are beginning to run out of room :) One is an 1895 Remington No.6 and the other is a 1913 or so Oliver No.9. And I was also able to find an AE 80.

paul-f

Nice additions, Mike.

It's great to have some other vintage office equipment to help display the phones in period settings.

It's time to start planning the addition.

We waited too long and the telephones evicted our modest typewriter collection and most of the mechanical calculator collection.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

twocvbloke

That's a lovely cat in the background, we used to have a siamese in those colours up until about 2009, but she definitely wasn't as fluffy as that beauty back there... :)

Scotophor

Is the cat really that fluffy, or is it wearing a boa or stole?
Name: A.J.   Location: LAPNCAXG, EDgewood 6

Mike C

Yeah, Boo is really that fluffy. They are Ragdolls and the (then) kittens came with their mom as a surprise package deal a few years ago. Three is enough and thankfully our collecting doesn't extend to pets and hasn't made us crazy cat people yet  ;)

WesternElectricBen

Very nice stuff, the cats are nice addition too. :)

Ben

twocvbloke

Quote from: Mike C on April 06, 2014, 10:01:21 AM
Yeah, Boo is really that fluffy. They are Ragdolls and the (then) kittens came with their mom as a surprise package deal a few years ago. Three is enough and thankfully our collecting doesn't extend to pets and hasn't made us crazy cat people yet  ;)

I'd love to have a fluffy cat like those three, they have a certain character about them, you can see that character on the face of the one behind the Remington... :)

Mike C

Well, I was afraid this would happen.  A 1913 Monarch No.3 joins the others  :-\

Mike C

New typewriter additions with a 1926 Underwood No.3 Standard and a 1925 Remington No.12 Standard...and another orphan Ivy who has way too much energy for the other cats ;)

twocvbloke

That's a lovely cat, the ears say she's curious about something, probably that thing pointed at her making noises... ;D

Mike C

She's a handful. We didn't want another addition but my wife found her downtown with cigarette burns!!  >:( Makes me want to kill. After visiting several cat shelters, who are doing the best they can, we decided we could make room for one more.

twocvbloke

That's horrible!! Poor cat, makes me conjure up thoughts of how to treat her former owner in a scale-accurate manner (thoughts of smouldering branches jabbed into their skin), but, that wouldn't solve anything, at least she's now in safe hands with nice people who'll treat her like family and not as an ashtray.... :)