News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

The AE/Kellogg Frankenstick

Started by b3tamax11, August 12, 2021, 01:24:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b3tamax11

I've got this candlestick phone I've been sitting on for a while because I haven't been entirely sure what to do with it. When I purchased it, it had no dial or other identifying features aside from the transmitter faceplate which says " Kellogg 782405-Lc". However aside from this piece and the Kellogg Receiver, the phone seems to be an AE 21(?).

I put a spare AE dial on it I had laying around, other than that haven't done anything with it. It may have been turned into a lamp at some point judging by the hole drilled into the top. I'm considering either leaving it as is, or having the Kellogg parts swapped out for AE ones to have it match. What do you think?

poplar1

I would repair the "perch", paint the phone black, and add AE rec. and AE transmitter. Save the Kellogg parts for another project.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

b3tamax11

Quote from: poplar1 on August 12, 2021, 05:11:18 PM
I would repair the "perch", paint the phone black, and add AE rec. and AE transmitter. Save the Kellogg parts for another project.

Thanks! I received another suggestion for fixing the threaded lamp hole, which I hadn't thought of.

Sidenote: does anyone know if an AE candlestick receiver cap will thread onto a WE shell?

rdelius

AE cap should fit unless you have a type 42? rec that has a capsule.